Magento Forum

Top Rated Products Module - Homepage

bloggleme

Total Posts:  101

On the front page for our clients website, they have a tabbed content box that displays the new products (done), the featured products (done), best selling products (need to implement, taking suggestions), and top rated (from product ratings).

I was wondering if anyone could give me some direction as to creating my own module for this. I realize that the featured products module uses the addAttributeToFilter to filter the products by the featured attribute. However, rating is not an attribute, so I am not sure how to go about this. I thought I may have to create my own function, simliar to addAttributeToFilter, but call it addRatingFilter - something to that sort. It would grab 6 products with the highest rating (if more than 6 have top ratings, then filter the rest by name, or price).

I think this would open the door for creating practically any other modules. If there was a detailed guide on how to filter by Rating, we could figure out how to filter by other things, like # of reviews, sales, quantity in stock, etc.)

Any help?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jdk410

Total Posts:  39

can you provide a link to the site or a screen capture so we can see this?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community