Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how to add new page with php functionality in it

pankajk

Total Posts:  38
Mumbai -101, Maharastra, India

hi,
I want to create a page with on that page users can give answers to some questions and that answers should be stored in db for this functionality I need php functionality on it as I have tried CMS Pages but they don’t execute php. I’m really stuck.

please help me.
Thank you.
Signature

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

Hi,

you may need to add some lines to your .htaccess file to make all files behave like they are .php. Ask your host for help!

Good luck,
Lisa

Magento Community
Magento Community

devx

Total Posts:  20

hi,
I too had the same problem. I am still having some problems (not due to magento, but due to my crappy php skills!). You should place all your processing code (the one that saves the information to the database) in a separate file. Add your form via the magento backend, and send the information via POST. Also make sure to include a redirect in your php file. Thats it. Hopefully magento will add a form designer soon wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

pankajk

Total Posts:  38
Mumbai -101, Maharastra, India

I got the solution please check this thread for answer

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/3698/P15/#t16791

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community