Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help!! Magento 1.4 Upgrade Broke Product Pages

Auciker

Total Posts:  21

I just upgraded Magento to 1.4 and it broke several of my product pages! I finally figured out how to get the error report to print, but it looks like a lot of core stuff is just broken.

Here is one of the broken pages: http://www.lowcarb-r-us.com/breads-and-tortillas/breads.html

I have to shut down all of my advertising until this is fixed, otherwise it’s just wasted money.

Does anyone know what’s going on?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

shaunp

Total Posts:  28

Like so many others here, I’ve upgraded to 1.4 and my products are no longer showing up on the client side. I decided to look at my products on the admin side and I noticed that under the “Product Information” section I’m missing some options. The General, Prices, Meta Information, Descriptions, Images and Design are all missing. I do have Inventory, Categories, Related Products, Up-Sells, Cross-Sells, Product Alerts, Product Reviews, Product Tags, Customers Tagged Product and Custom Options.

I’m pretty sure these two errors are related. What do I need to do to get back my Product Information options?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shaun Ohagan

Total Posts:  34
UK

Me to.  Moved over big database of products and only just now noticed that these menus are missing :-(

I’m kicking myself because I saw this bug with 1.4 alpha and ditched the idea of using it for a new project.  Then forgot to check that it had been fixed in the stable release until too late. I thought the migration had gone well - that will teach me to optimistic.

I’m going to have to resort to using the import mechanism and CSV files to add/update my products until this gets fixed.

As there are no errors from what I can see I can’t even debug it to help fix it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shaun Ohagan

UK

No solution. I\\\’ve exported all my 200 products as a CSV and I\\\’ve made a few changes and re-imported.  The import completed and the modifications appeared in the front end for the product.  You can also create products in this way by just creating rows in your CSV file and remember for new products you need to specify image paths in the CSV that relate to where they will end up in media/catalog/product and you then create that same path in media/import.  The import process will then copy the image over and it should appear in the frontend.

Therefore I think you can create and maintain your shop with CSVs - just crap without the UI.  Cannot recommend 1.4 to give a customer as a solution - they will expect to be able to see this stuff in the UI.  Drat.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shaun Ohagan

UK

yikes
all my products no longer display in categories. 
this product is a mess

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shaun Ohagan

UK

ok to get the products appearing in the categories again i has to set them to all in stock and positive number in stock.  Then also rebuild indexes.  Then I was able to set them back to out of stock which is how i want it for the moment.

still no product menu items in backend.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Steve Morgan

Total Posts:  3

Does anyone know when Magento will be fixing this crucial bug, not being able to edit products properly has ground my development to a halt

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community