Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Onepage Checkout Not Opening Steps

rickahontas

Total Posts:  64
oakland, ca

After an amazing amount of errors on upgrading to 1.4, I’ve fixed most of the crucial bugs, but my customers cannot checkout using Onepage (one page) checkout.

The first step doesn’t open, or accordion, when the user clicks checkout on the cart summary page. I’ve reset the page templates to default and base, I’ve renamed onepage.phtml in my custom theme to _onepage.phtml so that default would be called in its place. I’ve renamed the entire directory for checkout to _checkout to see if that was the issue. No avail. I’ve also renamed the javascript file, opcheckout.js in my custom theme skin js folder, so that it redirects to the base/default/js/opcheckout.js file and no luck.

Anyone else experiencing these issues and finding workarounds or fixes?  Thanks.

site in question: http://www.xtracycle.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DCAlmeida

Total Posts:  164
PRT

Do you check the permissions of js folder (and files)?
Try to run magento-cleanup.php...it corrects permissions and cleans the cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rickahontas

Total Posts:  64
oakland, ca

Thanks, powerPT, but the solution is found in examining the catalog.xml layout in app/design/frontend/base/layout/catalog.xml.  They’re using some new lines of code in the onepage checkout section, so you’ll need to examine the code in the base version and update the necessary sections in your own theme’s layout catalog.xml file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

leevo

Total Posts:  22

if your using custom templates and redesigned with jquery-1.3.2.min.js.... you need to delete that for the 2-column right layout.

that is why the onepage checkout is not working..

at least that was my problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

calebrash

Total Posts:  1

leevo - 19 March 2010 03:09 PM

if your using custom templates and redesigned with jquery-1.3.2.min.js.... you need to delete that for the 2-column right layout.

that is why the onepage checkout is not working..

at least that was my problem.

To elaborate on this, there seems to be a conflict between Prototype (used for checkout) and jQuery (used in my design) at checkout. Normally, you initialize jQuery like this:

$(document).ready( function() {
// jquery code here
});

To remove the conflict, the above code needs to be changed to this:

jQuery.noConlict();
jQuery(document).ready( function($) {
// jquery code here
});

Magento Community
Magento Community

mongcybertegic

Total Posts:  38

"if your using custom templates and redesigned with jquery-1.3.2.min.js.... you need to delete that for the 2-column right layout. that is why the onepage checkout is not working..”

But How do I get to this file?  jquery-1.3.2.min.js

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

cdnNick

Total Posts:  12

Did you ever find a solution to this issue, I am having the same problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community