Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I hide the My Wishlist link in the header? 

roco

Total Posts:  191

So I have managed to hide the wishlist functionality from most places including disabling it in the system > config menu, .......but after reading a lot of confusion posts that dance around the subject :(......................

I am simply looking for a way to hide the “My Wishlist” link at the top of the page next to “My Account” and “My Cart”.  Could someone please explain how to hide this link?

[Note to Mage - This would be a lot easier if you could just hide all links related to wishlist and other functions by disabling them in the admin.  I truly thought that this was what was going to happen. ]

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Is it really this hard that no one has the solution?  This can’t be that hard.........:(

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Hello?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

i think this would be good to know how to do. i’m sure the header links could be edited in a phtml file somewhere, i just don’t happen to know where or have the free time right now to track down where.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Uhh......I have been looking for 4 hours.  Cannot find it anywhere.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

I am still having problems locating the “My Wishlist” link in the web of arrays, xml, templates, etc.  If anyone has an idea of where to hide this please let me know.  Additionally I have a similar problem with the logged in customer (See attached image)

I have Wishlist and Reviews Disabled, the cache cleared and they are still showing up here in the My Account area for a logged in customer.  Now I need to hide these links as well.

Here is the code from navigation.phtml:

<div class="head">
<h3><?php echo $this->__('My Account'); ?></h3>
</div>
<ul>
<?php $_links = $this->getLinks(); ?>
<?php $_index = 1; ?>
<?php $_count = count($_links); ?>
<?php foreach ($_links as $_link): ?>
<?php $_last = ($_index++ >= $_count); ?>
<?php if ($this->isActive($_link)): ?>
<li class="on<?php echo ($_last ? ' last' : '') ?>"><?php echo $_link->getLabel() ?></li>
<?php else: ?>
<li<?php echo ($_last ? ' class="last"' : '') ?>><a href="<?php echo $_link->getUrl() ?>"><?php echo $_link->getLabel() ?></a></li>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php endforeach; ?>
</ul>
</div>

But this doesn’t lead me anywhere I can understand.  Please help me understand how to hide this functionality. 

Thanks,

roco

Image Attachments
HideFunctions.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptjedi

Total Posts:  250
Porto, Portugal

You answer is in this post:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/3563/

You must edit the wishlist.xml file in order to avoid the link to appear in the upper menu.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community