Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

directResize needs allow_url_fopen set true. 

Core

Total Posts:  68

Most hosting companies set allow_url_fopen to false and for good reason.  Unfortunately this means directResize will not work in a lot of cases.

Either the full file path would need to be in getimagesize (instead of the url) or we need to use curl.  The full path method requires more setup information so I’m not sure if it’s a very good solution. 

One method using the curl library is the following:

Replace

public function directResize($img_min_w, $img_min_h, $ratio=0, $autoriseAgrandissement = false)
{
//--> Recherche des dimentions de l’image d’origine
$size = getimagesize($this);
$img_src_w = $size[0];
$img_src_h = $size[1];

With

public function directResize($img_min_w, $img_min_h, $ratio=0, $autoriseAgrandissement = false)
{
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $this->__toString());
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
$file_contents = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);

if (!is_string($file_contents) || !isset($file_contents[0])) {
return $this->resize($img_min_w, $img_min_h);
}

$image = ImageCreateFromString($file_contents);

$img_src_w = imagesx($image);
$img_src_h = imagesy($image);

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gdoteof

Total Posts:  22

where is this function at?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gdoteof

well i found the file to edit: app/code/community/netambition/directresize/helper/image.php

however when i make the suggested changes i get the following error:

Warningimagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]Data is not in a recognized format  in /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/community/NetAmbition/DirectResize/Helper/Image.php on line 18
Trace
:
#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'imagecreatefrom...', '/home/amalgama/...', 18, Array)
#1 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/community/NetAmbition/DirectResize/Helper/Image.php(18): imagecreatefromstring('directResize(150, 150, 2)
#3 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(131): include('/home/amalgama/...')
#4 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(163): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#5 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(180): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#6 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(554): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#7 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(431): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#8 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(408): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('product_list', true)
#9 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Category/View.php(80): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('product_list')
#10 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/category/view.phtml(63): Mage_Catalog_Block_Category_View->getProductListHtml()
#11 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(131): include('/home/amalgama/...')
#12 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(163): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#13 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(180): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#14 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(554): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#15 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(37): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#16 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(554): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#17 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(431): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#18 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(408): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('content', true)
#19 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/3columns.phtml(54): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('content')
#20 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(131): include('/home/amalgama/...')
#21 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(163): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#22 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(180): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#23 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(554): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#24 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(505): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#25 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(319): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#26 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/CategoryController.php(88): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#27 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(342): Mage_Catalog_CategoryController->viewAction()
#28 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(159): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('view')
#29 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(146): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#30 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#31 /home/amalgama/public_html/magento/index.php(40): Mage::run()
#32 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

gdoteof

line 18 is:

$image ImageCreateFromString($file_contents);

Magento Community
Magento Community

darki777

Total Posts:  25

Thank you very much @core, now it works fine smile
Can the Developer of this extension change his code / fix the bug?

Greetings, darki

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

Still not working says error on line 11

Magento Community
Magento Community

CreedFeed

Total Posts:  74
Milwaukee, WI

Instead of passing the getimagesize() function a URL, why not pass it the path to the image?

Please note that this has not been fully tested or verified for all situations but for the category viewing it seems to work for me:

Replace:

public function directResize($img_min_w$img_min_h$ratio=0$autoriseAgrandissement false)

{

//--> Recherche des dimentions de l'image d'origine

$size             getimagesize($this);

$img_src_w         $size[0];

$img_src_h         $size[1];

With:

public function directResize($img_min_w$img_min_h$ratio=0$autoriseAgrandissement false)

{

//--> Recherche des dimentions de l'image d'origine

$url            parse_url($this);

$cwd            getcwd();

$size             getimagesize($cwd $url['path']);

$img_src_w         $size[0];

$img_src_h         $size[1];

This seems to work for me, at least for the category view pages. My problem was that using Direct Size out of the box on my server was causing slowness. I pinpointed it to be because of the getimagesize() function. By pulling from the local file server versus a URL, it sped my site up dramatically.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Core

Total Posts:  68

Actually I think this is a better idea.  Try to use the real file path in directresize rather than a URL or CURL.
This is a dramatic speed increase.

My site is temporarily within site/ ... so it didn’t work.

This worked for me, getimagesize($cwd . ‘/..’ . $url[’path’])

Will probably remove the ../ when it goes fully into production.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jfbonham

Total Posts:  27

Thanks so much guys, especially CreedFeed. I came across this problem when I had my site moved to a fixed IP. I was gettingt the same error, on line 9. Your solution fixed it for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

demonkoryu
Guru

Total Posts:  328
Dortmund, Germany

Try this:

{

if( $this->getImageFile() {
        $this
->_getModel()->setBaseFile( $this->getImageFile();

else {
        $this
->_getModel()->setBaseFile( $this->getProduct()->getData($this->_getModel()->getDestinationSubdir()) );

}    
    $imageFile 
$this->_getModel()->getBaseFile();
    list(
$img_src_w,  $img_src_h) getimagesize($imageFile);

Edit: Refined the code a bit.

Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

Total Posts:  122

thanks nightfly. that appears to have worked for me--finally!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community