Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

License Keys for downloadable products

edimensional

Total Posts:  11

I saw a few topics that had started on developing a license key serving technique or module for downloadable products, but nothing was ever completed. Has anyone found or created the ability to issue unique license keys to customers upon successful ordering of a downloadable product? It seems like this would be an extremely common request for anyone that sells downloadable software. I’m hoping someone has found an answer.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Martin
Guru

Total Posts:  445
Brno | London | Los Angeles

I searched for downloadable product versions support and found this module: DownloadPlus for Magento which apparently handles Serial numbers. License key is Serial number, so you can check it out ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

Habizman

Total Posts:  5

but it’s need input serial number manually after ordered.
Waste a lot of time! and NOT efficiency!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Filo

Total Posts:  5

There seems to be a broken link to the digital download plugin
Digital Download Link

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bahamabrands

Total Posts:  12
Bahamas

Our Pin Delivery System allows for this: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Bahamabrands/extension/3905/pin_delivery_system

You can add serial numbers, passwords and pin numbers to existing and new products. 

It allows for special characters in numeral and alpha numeral in pins, serials and passwords added.
If you have an existing site with products that you want to apply a special code to this will do that.

When the product is purchased the pin delivery system will send the unique codes to the customer via email and/or to the admin. The customer will also see the code on screen instantly after purchase.

This can work well for sites selling software using magento and other digital products that require serials or passwords.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sehaj Mathur

Total Posts:  15

This module will allow you to generate a license key for all products (including downloadable products).
http://ilovemage.com/i-love-mage-extensions/magento-product-license-extension.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community