Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Warning! Fontis WYSIWYG conflicting with built-in WYSIWYG editor - will mess up your code on CMS pages

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

Hi,

After hours and hours of debugging my code, i discovered that if you have Fontis WYSIWYG extension installed, and are using it on Magento 1.4, you MUST disable both Fontis and the built-in WYSIWYG editor completely in order to avoid code problems on CMS pages - particularly if you have inline javascript.

Good luck!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

potat5656

Total Posts:  3

Thanks!  Is there any work around to still use Fontis that you’ve found?

Magento Community
Magento Community

michele benvenuti

Total Posts:  53

Hi,

I’m running magento 1.4.0.1
it has a built in WYSIWYG editor, but I’ve some problems in using it.

for example:
the short-descriprion field it is a WUSIWUG, I see it properly in my product page, but not in the category page (list mode)

the editor displays HTML in the product page but not in category page, and I see the code:  <p>description, paragraph<br>example</p>

is it possible that in my category page something is missing ? such as a javascript that should be embeded and is not…

I’ve the same problem in any attribute I created.

where is the editor?
how does it work ?

suggestions ? ?

regards
mic b.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community