Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Download extensions ZIP file

robnnl

Total Posts:  16

Is there a way to download an extension zip file instead of using magento connect?
Some developers offer an extension to be downloaded as ZIP file from their website (not only commercial, but also community extensions).

I’ve had some trouble with magento connect, and I don’t trust it anymore. I want to upload the files by myself.
Is this possible?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

t_rodriguez

Total Posts:  229

Just want to ask the same. Also i want to *upload* my *absolutely free* extensions as Zip files, without using Magento Connect “Get extension key”. Anybody?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jazkat

Total Posts:  154

I’d also be interested in this as I can no longer use Magento Connect as my hosting service applied some extra security changes…

??

Magento Community
Magento Community

undecided

Total Posts:  21

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/198339/

Magento Community
Magento Community

jazkat

Total Posts:  154