Magento Forum

Admin & Frontend turned 404 Error after website change

taketothesky

Total Posts:  1

I am getting the 404 error Object not found on every page I try to bring up except for http://www.mypage.com/magento.  I try http://www.mypage.com/admin, etc and get the same error.  I tried the Mage::run(’default’); but this did not fix the issue… Any other suggestions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

galaxyre

Total Posts:  9

Same issue here.  404 on front and admin side.  I was just adding a new website, then I clicked save, and it immediately went to 404.

I tried the Mage::run(’default’); fix and I now get the following error:

Cannot send headersheaders already sent in /home/x200sf3/public_html/Shop/index.phpline 52
Trace
:
#0 /home/x200sf3/public_html/Shop/lib/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php(114): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders(true)
#1 /home/x200sf3/public_html/Shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1115): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setHeader('Content-Type', 'text/html; char...')
#2 /home/x200sf3/public_html/Shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(80): Mage_Core_Model_App->getResponse()
#3 /home/x200sf3/public_html/Shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Url/Rewrite.php(171): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->getResponse()
#4 /home/x200sf3/public_html/Shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(147): Mage_Core_Model_Url_Rewrite->rewrite()
#5 /home/x200sf3/public_html/Shop/app/Mage.php(457): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#6 /home/x200sf3/public_html/Shop/index.php(52): Mage::run('?default?')
#7 {main}

So, that didn’t work.

Any other clues?

Magento Community
Magento Community

galaxyre

So I got it working.  Not sure if this will help anyone here, but I’ll post my fix:

1) Went into mysql, and deleted the new Store I created in core_store_group

checked the site - did NOT work.  So,

2) Went to index.php and changed Mage::run(); to Mage::run(’default’);

and it worked.

However, here is what I don’t understand.  In the original file of index.php (i backed it up), it is set to Mage::run();
So, how come I have to change it to Mage::run(’default’); if it was never changed in the first place?

I also looked at a default test installation I have on another site, and again, the original file is Mage::run(); and it works fine.

???

Magento Community
Magento Community

jschaffin

This probably will be no help to anyone, but after installing this last night, I turned it over to my business partner to look at.  He broke it in no time flat.  Fortunately, all I had to do was drop everything in the database, re-load it, then clear the cache(s) on the server.  I did have to use a different browser (Opera vs FF) but I suspect that’s a session variable I need to kill with an exit.  Will see later...got too many other things to do

Like I said, very little help, but I’ll turn on some logging to see if I can catch the offending bits while he goes about breaking it again.  If I find anything, I’ll post it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bambii7

Total Posts:  16
New Zealand

was getting the same error, it was frustrating the hell out of me like other things in Magento. Then tried site.com/index.php/admin and it worked a treat, (after installing an earlier version of PHP) instead of the site.com/admin

Magento Community
Magento Community

online bearing store

Seems like this company techs are not interested to help any one in here...! I been reading all forms to find an solution for 404 Error Page Not Find , but seems like no one knows how to fix it and there is No Tech guys gets here from Magneto to direct their clients.... this is not professional company seems to me!

however any one knows how to fix 404 Error Page Not find, right after uplading files and installation...????
thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

jpminus

This is apparently still an issue on version 1.4.0.1. It led to a 404 everywhere type of scenario. (I’m an a Linux VPS, not shared).
Upon checking my error logs..here’s what I saw:

[Mon Jun 14 10:04:31 2010] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant \xe2\x80\x99default\xe2\x80\x99 - assumed ‘\xe2\x80\x99default\xe2\x80\x99’ in /var/www/vhosts/myflagspace.com/httpdocs/index.php on line 79

How I fixed it was to open the table ‘core_store_group’. I noticed that ‘default_store_id was set to 0 for the new website I tried to add. I manually edited it to 1.

Then..you need to go to /var/cache and delete those contents.

I was then able to access my store again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ubunter

Total Posts:  104
Madrid

daYmo - 21 May 2008 05:33 AM

Pffffffffffffffffffffff !
ok…

In the index.php page in your root directory change :

Mage::run();
by
Mage::run(’default’);

Hi,
Let me say that after 3 years, it’s appear that this issue still alive… I’m having the same with 1.4.1.0, I just install it under Gentu, and I loge in as admin, just for fun, I loged out, and when I loged back, it bring me to 404 page,, I had to delate the URL to bring back to magento/admin, to go inside…
In the Index.php file I have Mage::run($mageRunCode, $mageRunType); So when I replace it by your suggestion, I loosed completely the login admin web tool…

So, any other idea, I have it completely as frsh installation…

Regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

RicardoT

Ubunter - 13 July 2010 10:58 PM

ok…

by

Hi,
Let me say that after 3 years, it’s appear that this issue still alive… I’m having the same with 1.4.1.0, I just install it under Gentu, and I loge in as admin, just for fun, I loged out, and when I loged back, it bring me to 404 page,, I had to delate the URL to bring back to magento/admin, to go inside…
In the Index.php file I have Mage::run($mageRunCode, $mageRunType); So when I replace it by your suggestion, I loosed completely the login admin web tool…

So, any other idea, I have it completely as frsh installation…

Regards,

Did you find a fix? I am having the same problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ubunter

Total Posts:  104
Madrid

Sure, just install magento from sources, DON’T use any cPanel script, and you’ll get it working properly…

Regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

sandrik

Total Posts:  79
Minneapolis

ok…

by

Hello. I tried this method, but it is doesn’t work. DO have any other ideas?
I nee immediately help.
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

sandrik

Total Posts:  79
Minneapolis

Ubunter - 23 September 2010 10:58 PM

Sure, just install magento from sources, DON’T use any cPanel script, and you’ll get it working properly…

Regards,

Hello.

What did you meant “just install magento from sources”?
Would you please write it in details?
This problem really still a life!
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

tizimazza

bambii7 - 10 November 2009 03:21 PM

was getting the same error, it was frustrating the hell out of me like other things in Magento. Then tried site.com/index.php/admin and it worked a treat, (after installing an earlier version of PHP) instead of the site.com/admin

I really dont know why but this solution seem to work for me, but only to acess admin backend, i still have 404 at frontend pages.

Could that be a server configuration problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

7 uur

Total Posts:  23
The Netherlands / Holland

jpminus - 14 June 2010 05:51 AM

This is apparently still an issue on version 1.4.0.1. It led to a 404 everywhere type of scenario. (I’m an a Linux VPS, not shared).

[Mon Jun 14 10:04:31 2010] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant \xe2\x80\x99default\xe2\x80\x99 - assumed ‘\xe2\x80\x99default\xe2\x80\x99’ in /var/www/vhosts/myflagspace.com/httpdocs/index.php on line 79

How I fixed it was to open the table ‘core_store_group’. I noticed that ‘default_store_id was set to 0 for the new website I tried to add. I manually edited it to 1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

7 uur

Total Posts:  23
The Netherlands / Holland

jpminus - 14 June 2010 05:51 AM

THANKS jpminus! Thanks to your solution i was able to fix this same problem. I was totally stressed when i found out i had this error for frontend and backend as well after i changed the variable standard store to main store.

i went to database table core_store_group and changed the default store id from 0 to 1, for both mainstore and defaultstore.

I am so happy right now! i probably wouldnt find the fix without your solution.

this saved me a lot of headaches for the comming weekend

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community