Magento Forum

Fatal Install error - Please help

zep007

Total Posts:  131
Connecticut

HI, I have installed magento on my local server, and on a hosted package with out any real issues, but I learned quickly that I needed more overhead to get this thing running right, so I got a dedicated server package.

The new server has PDO installed ( sqlite2, sqlite, mysql ), I have set up the database with the sample data installed and when I go through the setup wizard I get the error when continuing from the Database Connection screen:

Fatal error: Class ‘Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql’ not found in /opt/lsws/wwwroot/magento/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Type/Db/Pdo/Mysql.php on line 56

I have this running on a Fedora server, with PHP Version 5.2.5, MySQL 5.0.45, and Litespeed 3.3.11, I have installed PHP hardening patch as well as APC

I have this in my phpini:

extension=apc.so
extension=suhosin.so
extension=mysql.so
extension=mysqli.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so
extension=pdo.so
extension=curl.so
extension=php_curl.so
extension=php_gd2.so
extension=php_gd2.so
extension=php_mcrypt.so
extension=php_mhash.so
extension=php_pdo.so
extension=php_pdo_mysql.so
extension=php_ssh2.so

(Im also running another site off this server)

I also compile PHP with
* PDO/MySQL
* mcrypt
* hash
* simplexml
* GD
* DOM
* iconv

What can I try to get this error to go away?  What should I look for?  Ive searched the forum, and seen people with the same error, but not the same problem.

I currently run a zen cart store on this dedicated server, which has no issues with connecting to the DB
Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Total Posts:  131
Connecticut

Sorry guys, this was just a corrupted file during upload.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community