Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Should be simple - it isnt - how do i change the ‘About Us’ url in the Footer? 

joolsr

Total Posts:  99

If I change the CMS page to a title such as ‘about-us’ rather than ‘about-magento-demo-store’, as everyone will have to do, I can’t see how to ensure the URL gets changed too. If I change the SEF Identifier, there seems to be no easy way to change whatever code it is that shows this particular URL in the footer informational template on every page.

I’ve spent an hour on this, and can’t work it out. If anyone can help, I would be appreciate it.

Julian

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

aquiss

Total Posts:  54
United Kingdom

From admin:

1) CMS -> Manage Pages, then name as required for the about us page.
2) CMS -> static blocks -> footer links. Match with what you called SEF above.

You should find the something like which you can edit accordingly:

<a href="{{store url=""}}.....

Then i would refresh your cache to get the new link displayed.

From admin:

System -> Cache Management -> (tick) Refresh Catalog Rewrites.
Then select with the dropdown refresh.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

Total Posts:  99

Hi Thanks Aquiss

I did find it myself anyway, but I just wasnt expecting the footer Links in a Static Block. I do like Magento, but it is confusing sometimes. Changing the ALT Tag on the left hand callout was especially tricky. Its not in footer.phtml, nowhere sensible, but is in the XML markup instead ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

aquiss

Total Posts:  54
United Kingdom

You will get to it (i know I am), and I am sure things will get better with each major update.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community