Magento Forum

Page 7 of 7
“Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.”

aaronfrankel

Total Posts:  3

On Magento 1.7 and getting this error after GoDaddy moved me to a new server. Was working just fine before.

/var/log is empty

Changed errors/local.xml.sample to local.xml and still nothing on the screen.

Any thoughts?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kooljp

Total Posts:  26
Melbourne, Australia

rmsp - 13 July 2011 02:23 AM

If it helps, i had a lot of errors that cannot open mainsite and admin page. It happens when i had change settings on stores.

I didn’t find any solution so i just rename path /var/cache to /var/cache_old and create a /var/cache.

That works and seems that no data was deleted or changed.

Worked for me!

Thanks rmsp!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Boehmling

Total Posts:  2

Hello to all, searched all answers in forum, but founding no solution to fix this error in magento 1.7.0.2. (new installation) Nothing worked.
Got no access in backend panel to System->Configuration->Catalog->Catalog.
Worked before in catalog.xml to add new tabs in product view. Because I was not sure to make allright, I tried to restore from earlier saveing point. Doesn`t work, so I did manually via ftp. All goes right, but I got a white sheet in backend catalog/catalog. After trying to fix it unsuccessfully I decide upload latest work again. Now I get error-codes, we should work with.

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 709675882390

var/report/nr shows

a:5:{i:0;s:86:\"Invalid config field backend model: catalog/system_config_backend_catalog_product_flat\";i:1;s:1781:\"#0 /web/1/000/075/597/311720/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Form.php(328): Mage::throwException(\’Invalid config ...\’)
#1 /web/1/000/075/597/311720/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Form.php(229): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Form->initFields(Object(Varien_Data_Form_Element_Fieldset), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element))
#2 /web/1/000/075/597/311720/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Form.php(164): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Form->_initGroup(Object(Varien_Data_Form), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element))
#3 /web/1/000/075/597/311720/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Edit.php(92): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Form->initForm()
#4 /web/1/000/075/597/311720/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/ConfigController.php(107): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Edit->initForm()
#5 /web/1/000/075/597/311720/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(419): Mage_Adminhtml_System_ConfigController->editAction()
#6 /web/1/000/075/597/311720/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(\’edit\’)
#7 /web/1/000/075/597/311720/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#8 /web/1/000/075/597/311720/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#9 /web/1/000/075/597/311720/htdocs/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#10 /web/1/000/075/597/311720/htdocs/index.php(87): Mage::run(\’\’, \’store\’)
#11 {main}\”;s:3:\"url\”;s:89:\"/index.php/admin/system_config/edit/section/catalog/key/8424757fa9a7f3773641f62a86419b04/\”;s:11:\"script_name\”;s:10:\"/index.php\”;s:4:\"skin\”;s:5:\"admin\";}

to read error I follow your instructions with the local.xml and so on with the result, that the access to backend finally is denied.

Any solutions ??? I unlike to install magento at completely new.
Thanks for all.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RedRave

Total Posts:  10

I had the error also \"“Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.”

Went in var/cache and flushed everything in that folder. Returned into the admin panel system/config, and everything was fine…

So flushing the cache worked for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

leegolibu

Total Posts:  5

hobbyshopman - 06 March 2010 02:20 PM

I just managed to get more info out of the error that is appearing on my store that is still in development.
With me it was because the test orders i was trying to access were paid for with a payment module that i have since deleted.

Go to errors/local.xml.sample

and rename local.xml.sample to local.xml

now try access the area that is causing the problem to see if it gives you any more info.

Thank you very much! We got the same problem and this is exactly solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mma87

Total Posts:  4

Hi to all,
I don’t know if my solution is good,
but I have the same problem and I made this solution:
1) go to Applications/XAMPP/ folder
2) CDM + i
3) click on the padlock to unlock the folder settings
4) set the permission on read/write to all users
5) there is a wheel under this part, click on this and choose “apply to all included”
6) Open Terminal => Applications/Utilities/Terminal
7) enter this code into the terminal: sudo su
8) enter your user password and press send
9) Enter this code into the terminal: cd /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc/
10) Enter this code into the terminal: sudo chmod 600 my.cnf
11) Restart MySQL
END!!!

NOTE: I use xampp on mac

bye

Magento Community
Magento Community

chraisy1

Total Posts:  5

hobbyshopman - 06 March 2010 02:20 PM

I just managed to get more info out of the error that is appearing on my store that is still in development.
With me it was because the test orders i was trying to access were paid for with a payment module that i have since deleted.

Go to errors/local.xml.sample

and rename local.xml.sample to local.xml

now try access the area that is causing the problem to see if it gives you any more info.

Dear hobbyshopman, I am having the same issue after replacing my payment module. Did you manage to cancel the order? How?

Thank you!

Christian

Magento Community
Magento Community

dargscs

Total Posts:  1

I just been dealing with the dreaded : \"exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons\” message

I tried doing stuff as others have with php.ini.  But problem persisted.  Eventually I deleted \’.htaccess\’

Wow everything came back as if nothing had happened!!

No idea why, but I am happy I have not just destroyed weeks of work!

Magento Community
Magento Community

anjilpanchal

Total Posts:  1

Try this

Magento install error - Exception printing is disabled

Here is a known error which can occur when installing Magento:

There has been an error processing your request
Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.
Error log record number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Here is the solution:

Navigate to the “errors” folder.
Change local.xml.sample to local.xml
You should now see a new list of crazy errors all over the Magento page - this is okay.
Open magento/lib/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php and look for:
protected $_options = array(
‘cache_dir’ => ‘null’,
Change it to:
protected $_options = array(
‘cache_dir’ => ‘tmp/’,
Save it.
Now the final step is to go create a tmp folder in the root Magento folder.
That’s it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 7 of 7