Magento Forum

“Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.”

denese

Total Posts:  2

I just fixed my error page problem by doing the final item on the magento install directions from my web host which I had previously overlooked. Don\\\’t know if this applies to other webhosts but it fixed mine:

Open the file /magento /lib/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php and make the following change and then upload the revised file.

FIND:
protected$_options=array(
\\\’cache_dir\\\’ => null,

CHANGE IT TO:

protected$_options=array(
\\\’cache_dir\\\’ =>\\\’/tmp\\\’,

Punctuation has to be EXACT

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tiago Martins

Total Posts:  7

resolvi o problema da seguinte forma

de
protected $_options = array(
\’cache_dir\’ => null,

para

\’cache_dir\’ => \’/tmp\’,

Magento Community
Magento Community

masdmh

In answer to the topic title:

In order to see reports on a production installation of magento.

Instead of renaming

magento/errors/local.xml.sample

to

magento/errors/local.xml

Look for the report file in.

magento/var/report

The magento/errors folder is the location where the resources which manufacture the error reports are kept.  Whereas the errors are now stored in the var/report folder for security reasons.

Daniel Higgins
Magento Barcelona
www.webspacecommerce.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

miklosz

I found this: http://www.designersandbox.com/magento/fix-for-magento-1-4-install-does-not-work/
It’s working for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Matt Alexander

Total Posts:  44
Taos, New Mexico, USA

If it’s not a production site, add the following code to your index.php:

Mage::setIsDeveloperMode(true);

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1839

@Matt Alexander

Very important point (if it’s not a production site), internet facing websites should not pass out error information.

Getting a stack trace is very important information to a cracker. It gives all sorts of configuration information, and just pushing a particular hack at a working site and getting back a certain failure message confirms website vulnerability to a certain issue. And anyone running a WordPress website and not keeping with the upgrades has learned this to their chagrin with getting their website hacked and seeded. As Magento gains popularity, it will become a tempting credit card harvesting target.

Sometimes a Fix is a security hole

Magento Community
Magento Community

bazardoguelo

Total Posts:  1

i got this mates

and still have problems

* @var array available options
*/
‘cache_dir’ => tmp,
‘file_locking’ => true,
‘read_control’ => true,
‘read_control_type’ => ‘crc32’,
‘hashed_directory_level’ => 0,
‘hashed_directory_umask’ => 0700,
‘file_name_prefix’ => ‘zend_cache’,
‘cache_file_umask’ => 0600,
‘metadatas_array_max_size’ => 100

renamed the .sample and created the TEMP folder

give me some help plz.

regards

And now i’ve this :

There has been an error processing your request
Error in file: “/home8/bazardog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/sql/paypal_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.3-0.7.4.php” - SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘bazardog_mgn6.mgn_sales_order_entity_varchar’ doesn’t exist

Trace:
#0 /home8/bazardog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(390): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /home8/bazardog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(289): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.7.3’, ‘1.4.0.1’)
#2 /home8/bazardog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(233): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.7.3’, ‘1.4.0.1’)
#3 /home8/bazardog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(161): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home8/bazardog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(363): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home8/bazardog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(295): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /home8/bazardog/public_html/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /home8/bazardog/public_html/index.php(80): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#8 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

cash2dag

It’s so so easy… Just rename php.ini to php5.ini
It works for me! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

IconCube

First we will enable the printing method so you can view the error code within this page. This won’t fix the error for the above matter, this will only enable this page to show you more details of what the error was. So to disable this —> Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons and enable printing of errors

Change:
/errors/local.xml.sample

To this:
/errors/local.xml

Now let’s begin to fix this annoying bug that come with the clean installation of magento. Open magento/lib/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php
Look for the following code
1 protected $_options = array(
2 ‘cache_dir’ => ‘null’,

and replace it with the following
2 ‘cache_dir’ => ‘tmp’,

Now save and upload replace with the new file.

Final step is to create a tmp folder on your magento root folder

I hope you have enjoyed this post, be sure to subscribe to my rss feed by click the subscribe button at the top.

Magento Community
Magento Community

justin00

Total Posts:  28

IconCube - 10 March 2011 07:37 PM

First we will enable the printing method so you can view the error code within this page. This won’t fix the error for the above matter, this will only enable this page to show you more details of what the error was. So to disable this —> Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons and enable printing of errors

Change:
/errors/local.xml.sample

To this:
/errors/local.xml

Now let’s begin to fix this annoying bug that come with the clean installation of magento. Open magento/lib/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php
Look for the following code
2 ‘cache_dir’ => ‘null’,

and replace it with the following
2 ‘cache_dir’ => ‘tmp’,

Now save and upload replace with the new file.

Final step is to create a tmp folder on your magento root folder

I hope you have enjoyed this post, be sure to subscribe to my rss feed by click the subscribe button at the top.

i tried exactly,but new errors.Too many connections.I’m running magento 1.5.0.1,a new installation without any upgrade.it’s so strange that i’m uploading products,then the second day i can not open my site again.Magento sucks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

rudolf1

Total Posts:  3

Matt Alexander - 28 November 2010 09:09 AM

If it’s not a production site, add the following code to your index.php:

Mage::setIsDeveloperMode(true);

The other way around worked for me:

// Mage::setIsDeveloperMode(true);

Deactivate it or comment it out, at least it’s worth a try.
BTW, I got the error

Mage registry key “_singleton/core/resource” already exists

Magento Community
Magento Community

sverre

I changed the size of my uploaded logos (to smaller) that helped.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mavo

fwakrim - 29 April 2010 07:06 AM

Here is the solution I found :

You have to open magento/lib/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php
Change:

\\\’cache_dir\\\’ => \\\’null\\\’,

to

\\\’cache_dir\\\’ => \\\’/tmp\\\’,

Upload the changed File.php and create a folder, called “tmp”
The folder must be writable, so give it ‘777’

cheers

Guys - I did all of that, and the only thing I still get is:
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1030 Got error 28 from storage engine

Trace:
#0 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’SELECT `cms_pag...’, Array)
#3 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(337): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’SELECT `cms_pag...’, Array)
#4 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(753): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array)
#5 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(352): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow(Object(Varien_Db_Select))
#6 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Model/Mysql4/Page.php(116): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->load(Object(Mage_Cms_Model_Page), ‘home’, ‘identifier’)
#7 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(225): Mage_Cms_Model_Mysql4_Page->load(Object(Mage_Cms_Model_Page), ‘home’, NULL)
#8 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Model/Page.php(76): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->load(’home’, NULL)
#9 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(73): Mage_Cms_Model_Page->load(’home’)
#10 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(52): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->_renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), ‘home’)
#11 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/IndexController.php(45): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), ‘home’)
#12 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(420): Mage_Cms_IndexController->indexAction()
#13 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(253): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#14 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#15 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(340): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#16 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/app/Mage.php(627): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#17 /home/mavonorm/domains/mavonorm.com/public_html/index.php(80): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#18 {main}

PLEASE - help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

wpw84grl

I am currently using Magento 1.5.1.0

I am trying to add new products and I keep getting the same error message:

\"Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.  Error log record number: 745084699430\”

I did what you all suggested and change the local.xml and the file.php.

Now, I am also getting a similar error message as posted above.

Please let me know if any is able to fix this issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rmsp

If it helps, i had a lot of errors that cannot open mainsite and admin page. It happens when i had change settings on stores.

I didn’t find any solution so i just rename path /var/cache to /var/cache_old and create a /var/cache.

That works and seems that no data was deleted or changed.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community