Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
[PLUS] Recover Abandoned Carts

drefty

Total Posts:  19

Hi,

What is the best way to recover abandoned carts?  Can anybody share real life statistics ? 
It seems that we have loose too many potential deals.

Thank you in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

We are glad to announce the next version of our Abandoned Carts Alerts extension, which has been primarily developed to resolve Abandoned Carts issue (as you surely guessed by the title grin ).

The following new features were added with the updated extension:
* Ability for admin to send up to three alert follow-ups, with a separate highly customizable email template for each follow up.
* Ability to stop sending if a customer makes a purchase or uses the cart recovery link – can be configured by admin, so you won’t be sending annoying alerts to customers who already placed an order with you.
* First alert can be sent within minutes upon cart abandonment, studies show this is very important - http://www.marketingexperiments.com/improving-website-conversion/shopping-cart-recovery.html

Also as before alerts can be sent to both registered members and guests, customers can recover their carts with one click, admin can see who of the customers came back and when, both automatic and/or manual alert sending is available and not only.

We would like to thank our customers for the feedback and assistance in making the extension better.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MarcelP102

Total Posts:  55

aheadWorks - 10 July 2009 12:50 AM

The last version of Follow Up Email extenion we implemented not only abandoned carts notifications, but also follow ups depending on order status, product type or category from which the product has been purchased.
So this opens unlimited number of ways to get you customers complete abandoned purchase AND enourage new purchases.
you can send:
- abandoned cart notifications
- complete purchases notifications with encourages/feedback requests or anything else
- track cancelled orders
- send customized messages per product type or per category plus the rules described above
- each rule can have emails chain with unlimited number of entries, e.g. you can send a message after 3, 5, 10 and 90 after a purchase or abandoned cart

The email templates can parse all variables from customer, order and last ordered product variables, which means you can create highly personalized emails.

We hope we included everything Magento owners could need in such an extension.

By this post I’d like to request whether we have missed anything you’d like to see.
Please share.

Why dont make a public backend demo. It all sound good but without seeing it in action I dont gone buy it

Magento Community
Magento Community

chesterafield

Total Posts:  9

Hey, I just wanted to say that the extension rom Adjustware is worth every penny. We recover about 1 sale a day and it has paid itself off in 3 days. Email support is second to none. Best extension I’ve purchased for my Magento store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

I’ve been looking at the three available extensions, two by Adjustware and the one by aheadWorks. All seem professionally done and worth every penny. But I’ve come to the conclusion one would really need all three of them.

ahW’s Follow-Up Email for following up based on product categories (bought a printer, mention ink or bought a games console, recommend games)
Adw’s Abandoned Carts for, obviously, abandoned carts, especially because you can send almost immediately
Adw’s Reviews Booster for, obviously, requesting reviews.

I think the abandoned carts one indeed deserves a Module of its own, ideally tying in with automatic and configurable discount voucher generation.
General and Review Request Follow-ups have so many similarities, they as well be one Module. I’d also love a discount voucher for successful reviews on this.

It would be great if filters/rules could be exactly like Promotions > Catalogue Price Rules where you can mix filters etc. for very fine granularity. Instead of picking the product category only, you can then pick all products with a certain attribute set to a certain value so it’s even easier to grab all products of a certain kind.

Maybe I’ll wait for another version update or two, in the hope these features will be added. Else I’ll have to get all three to utilise their specific merits.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Yeah but yours doesn’t have cart recovery and tracked links though does it?

That’s why all 3 have their unique benefits targeted for their specific purposes.

To add “fear of loss”, it would be great to be able to automatically generate vouchers with a set expiration date so they have to ask today, within 3 days etc. to add some urgency.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

J.T. - 15 July 2009 07:50 AM

Yeah but yours doesn’t have cart recovery and tracked links though does it?

That’s why all 3 have their unique benefits targeted for their specific purposes.

To add “fear of loss”, it would be great to be able to automatically generate vouchers with a set expiration date so they have to ask today, within 3 days etc. to add some urgency.

J.T.  Thank you for the fair feedback. 

We’ve include in our extension an ability to include a coupon in the abandoned cart alert template
as well as an ability to set it’s expiration date (we will send an update for all existing customers in a few days)

Please see attached screens.

Image Attachments
settings.PNGgenerated_coupons.PNGemail_template.PNG

Magento Community
Magento Community

redstage

Total Posts:  173
Hoboken, NJ

We’ve also released our Abandoned Carts Email follow up extension.  It’s the first version, so feedback is more than welcome!

Check it out here: http://store.redstage.com/abandoned-cart-follow-up-emails.html

We’ve also launched a follow up email extension for requesting reviews (also mentioned in this thread somewhere).  That’s located here: http://store.redstage.com/request-a-review-follow-up-emails.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

rubaducky

Total Posts:  39

Does any of these cart abandonment extensions work with guests? and how?

We have a true 1 page checkout and want to make sure it would work correctly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rubaducky

aheadworks

With your follow up email extension is it possible to send a follow up email to customers that include up-sells/cross-sell products for their recent purchases?

I am getting ready to build this out for my store. I was planning on modifying adjustwares reviews booster extension to include upsell/cross-sell products with the reviews request. But if your extension already handles this that would be great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redstage

Hoboken, NJ

rubaducky - 04 March 2011 08:23 AM

The problem with making it work for guests is that it’s a pretty large security risk.  You really don’t want to have an auto-signin.  What if someone purchases at a library?  The next person there would be automatically logged into their account!  To work with guests, it would use similar tracking.  So someone making a purchase in a public place may be getting emails about someone else’s cart.  And then they’ll be yelling at you about privacy and such.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make that work in a secure and private way, we’re all ears.  We didn’t include it in our extension, even though we have it developed.  It’s just too big of an intrusion.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redstage

Hoboken, NJ

rubaducky - 04 March 2011 08:36 AM

aheadworks

With your follow up email extension is it possible to send a follow up email to customers that include up-sells/cross-sell products for their recent purchases?

I am getting ready to build this out for my store. I was planning on modifying adjustwares reviews booster extension to include upsell/cross-sell products with the reviews request. But if your extension already handles this that would be great.

It wouldn’t be difficult to modify our Request a Review extension to do that.  However, you’re treading into spam territory there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rubaducky

redstage - 08 March 2011 08:52 AM

The problem with making it work for guests is that it’s a pretty large security risk.  You really don’t want to have an auto-signin.  What if someone purchases at a library?  The next person there would be automatically logged into their account!  To work with guests, it would use similar tracking. 

I don’t understand. Guests don’t have accounts. How could someone else access it or be a security risk? The way I see it working is if someone selects to checkout as guest, they fill in the email field, when they go to the next step it would save the email address and all the cart contents. If they don’t finish checking out then they would get an email about it.

Am I missing something?

Magento Community
Magento Community

redstage

Hoboken, NJ

rubaducky - 08 March 2011 11:18 AM

redstage - 08 March 2011 08:52 AM

The problem with making it work for guests is that it’s a pretty large security risk.  You really don’t want to have an auto-signin.  What if someone purchases at a library?  The next person there would be automatically logged into their account!  To work with guests, it would use similar tracking. 

I don’t understand. Guests don’t have accounts. How could someone else access it or be a security risk? The way I see it working is if someone selects to checkout as guest, they fill in the email field, when they go to the next step it would save the email address and all the cart contents. If they don’t finish checking out then they would get an email about it.

Am I missing something?

Ah I was talking specifically about using auto-signin to manage that in case they had already had an account.  If you capture their email on checkout like you’re suggesting, that’s most definitely spam.  We’re not talking a gray area of spam either, just the straight up illegal kind.  I’m sure you can get away with it if you’re a smaller site, but we couldn’t support such a thing for sale.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagePlace

Total Posts:  50
Belarus

rubaducky - 08 March 2011 11:18 AM

Am I missing something?

there’s a solution - in version 1.3 of Magento-SugarCRM bridge you can track abandoned carts as you want. you need just to install SugarCRM and map connections from Magento.

The bridge will track every item added to a cart even if a user is not logged in (guest). this way when they check out and insert email address the system will assign the cart to the email and you will have record with complete info - items added to the cart and user’s email. In case they don’t finish checking out you will know all you need - even at what stage user left the checkout.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2