Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
[PLUS] Recover Abandoned Carts

Ibn Saeed

Total Posts:  25
UAE

I would like to request “Recover Abandoned Carts”

1). Customer visits the site and registers for an account.

2). Customer then places some products/items into his Shopping Cart

3). Customer goes through the checkout steps but at the final confirmation or any checkout page, the customer decides to close the site or not to place the order.

Now when this happens, I get a notification that there is some Carts for Recovery. I go to the page and see which ones. If I want to see, lets say, the carts which were abandoned during the Past 60 days. I select the option and I get those carts details with the name of the customer and the products which are added into his cart along with the prices etc.

Now there is a option to send an email to all of those who abondaned their Shopping carts, with the following wordings

“"""""
Thank you for stopping by Domain and considering us for your purchase. We noticed that during a visit to our store you placed the following item(s) in your shopping cart, but did not complete the transaction.

Shopping Cart Contents:

1 x Product 1 (http://www.domain.com/products_id=88)

1 x Product 2 (http://www.domain.com/products_id=100)

We are always interested in knowing what happened and if there was a reason that you decided not to purchase at this time. If you could be so kind as to let us know if you had any issues or concerns, we would appreciate it. We are asking for feedback from you and others as to how we can help make your experience at Arabian Bazaar better.

PLEASE NOTE:
If you believe you completed your purchase and are wondering why it was not delivered, this email is an indication that your order was NOT completed, and that you have NOT been charged! Please return to the store in order to complete your order.

Our apologies if you already completed your purchase, we try not to send these messages in those cases, but sometimes it is hard for us to tell depending on individual circumstances.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration in helping us improve our website.

Sincerely,
“"""""""""""""""""""”’

This is an excellent way of recovering abandoned carts, I have recovered a lot of abandoned carts in this manner.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ibn Saeed

Total Posts:  25
UAE

Hello

Can the team say if this feature would be implemented in the stable release

Magento Community
Magento Community

dimid

Total Posts:  11

I would also like this feature to view abandoned carts no matter what the stage if a someone creates an account and adds a product to their cart it should be recorded at what steps it was abandoned so that you can contact them and try and convert another sale. Some other shopping carts have this built in and when im able to email a few more customers each week i have a higher conversion rate.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chesterafield

Total Posts:  9

I’d love to see this one. Definitely top of my wishlist.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chadhenry

Total Posts:  38

This would be an awesome addition to Magento. Anything to help increase conversion rates should be at the top of a shopping cart developer’s “to do” list!

Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

Total Posts:  170
埼玉県所沢市

There is an Abandoned Shopping Carts report, but even though I watch people going to the shopping cart and checkout pages (using the Mega Spy real time log watching feature of Clicky, or just by looking through logs), we have zero entries in the Abandoned Shopping Cart report. What does it take to trigger a user as having an abandoned shopping cart?

Edit: And in fact the Products in Carts page show dozens of products. Why aren’t those carts “abandoned”?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Albert van der Veen

Total Posts:  15
Amsterdam

Same here, also no results in report for ‘Abandoned carts’, although I know there should be. Anyone know whether this is a bug in 1.2.1.2?

Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

埼玉県所沢市

I think part of the problem may be that the Abandoned Carts report may not be showing carts abandoned by unregistered guests.

Magento Community
Magento Community

unclek

Total Posts:  7
Canada

Any more success in finding out how abandoned carts are determined? I’ve looked all over the codebase for indications in the models, and all I can find is reference to a Quote_Collection and not much else? Any leads?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

Awesome idea!

Magento Community
Magento Community

back2007

Total Posts:  59

I would also like to remind customers of this. Chances are that at least some of them could buy something.

Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

埼玉県所沢市

How is the e-mail text edited in the extension? Is there a template in System > Transactional Emails?

In the screen shot shown, I don’t see a way to examine the abandoned carts which tricker the e-mails. Can we see a list of those, who created them, what’s in them?

One thing that would be cool is to keep and display statistics on how effective this is: percentage recovered, total income from orders. I don’t know if tracking this stuff is practical or not, but it would help sell the extension!

Magento Community
Magento Community

back2007

Can I see some additional info about guests who abandoned carts (like phone, etc.)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anna Varmon

Total Posts:  27

Can I attach a discount coupon to encourage customer to complete purchase?

Magento Community
Magento Community

back2007

Also is it possible for admin to add custom text to each alert?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

Hey. We’ve just released Pro version of our Abandoned Cart Alerts extension.  Feel free to explore new features here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1290/abandoned-carts-alerts-pro

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2