Magento Forum

How do I set an upper rate in table rates? 

joolsr

Total Posts:  99

Normally with table rates, you set a rate which covers the value you say and over till the next value up. What I want to do is say over a certain weight, I want Magento to effectively return an ‘error message’ which in this case I will say ‘You may need to be quote for Freight for your purchase, please contact the us for a quote’. My case is because some of our bigger products are too big to get FedEx and other carriers to take them, they have to go freight, which needs to be calculated on a case by case basis…

So effectively what I want is table weights for Weight vs destination BUT with a Max weight.

I tried being clever and adding a price of -1, xxx or 1E9 for my maximum trigger weight, but Magento will not return the ‘error’ message with any of these values .

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

double02

Total Posts:  28
Los Angeles, CA

Why don’t you give it a high value such as 9999. Then, in the template directory, put an if statement each time the price is displayed which says if(price==9999) echo “please inquire for quote”;

would something like that work?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

Total Posts:  99

Hi Double02

Thanks. yes that might work. My PHP skills aren’t up to much, or is it XML in this case ?, but I’ll give it a try.

What file(s) would I need to change in my template folder ? I ask this, because although its not too difficult to tell customers that they need to enquire about a freight rate, it still may be possible for them to order the product with an incorrect shipping rate

Magento Community
Magento Community

OurWorldTalks

Total Posts:  60

HI double02 and anyone else who can help.
I’m also looking at how to tell the customer to enquire for quotes when the shipping weight using the table rate has been exceeded.

May i know how to implement the feature?

Regards,
Victor

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community