Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Restrict product purchase based on customer group

OlympicArms

Total Posts:  1

Magento CE 1.7

Background:
I have a store that sells Firearms. To be able for me to legally sell one to someone they have to have an Federal Firearms license on file with my company.  This was easily taken care of by creating a customer group for these people and price levels.  Most of our products anyone can buy there are just a select few that everyone can’t.

Problem:

I want everyone who visits the site to see that we manufacture these products and be able to see the price and information about them.  What I don’t want is the “Not logged in” or “Retail” groups to be able to add these items to cart or purchase them.  Currently I just have them set to “Out of stock” using the inventory tools but this eliminates the purchase for all three groups.  Is there a feature or an extension out there that will have something similar to the following options for products.

Purchase limited to specific customer groups Yes/No
Please select the groups allowed to purchase this item. (then you pick the group or groups that are able to purchase this single item).

By default I would like the everything purchasable and only the ones I specify to be restricted.  Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

innoexts

Total Posts:  124

Hello,

Check out our Customer Groups Manager extension. It allows to restrict customer groups by product categories / subcategories.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi there,

if you are looking for an extension able to effectively manage visibility of specific categories and products by customer groups, consider this module: http://amasty.com/customer-group-catalog.html.

- Set access to catalog pages based on your business needs
- Hide price block and ‘add to cart’ button
- Use a cms-block instead of price
- Redirect to a CMS page or show 404 error for products
- Remove product and category links

Feel free to contact us and ask for any details.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SHOPmages

Total Posts:  113
Poland

Hi You can restrict products Add to Cart button or even CMS pages for customers from specific group.

Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community