Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I edit each page? 

the311guy

Total Posts:  120

I want to edit the home page, the product page, the checkout page, the order confirmation page.  Is there some sort of resource that tells where I can edit all these pages?

For example:

- Homepage: edit the content in this template page, the css is in this stylesheet.

etc..etc..

Anything?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

Hi there,

You can either edit your pages directly from the back-end, by going into:

CMS>>Manage pages

Depending on what exactly you want to edit, you may need to edit the template files that are in your current theme’s folder.

If you want to to edit inline (directly on the pages of your store) - you need to turn on Inline Editing:

System>>Configuration>>Advanced (left side nav, bottom)>>Developer>>Translate Inline.

Enable it here, click Save on top, and browse your store from front-end - click on the little book icon to edit what can be edited. Remember to turn it OFF when done!

To see WHAT you need to edit, and where all the files are located, do as above, but once you are inside the Developer menu, change the view from Default to your current store under “Current Configuration Scope” (top left), and a new sub-menu appears under Developer>>Debug. Turn “Template Path Hints” to YES, save, and browse from front-end again.

Hope this helps!
Lisa
smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

the311guy

Total Posts:  120

thanks Lisa youre awesome

Magento Community
Magento Community

rockbust

Total Posts:  3

Hi, I used the above to look at the location of templates and when I set it back I now get this error. I did not change anything on the frontend.??
Please help

There has been an error processing your request.

Invalid entity_type specifiedcatalog_category
Trace
:
#0 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Config.php(107): Mage::exception('Mage_Eav', 'Invalid entity_...')
#1 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php(232): Mage_Eav_Model_Config->getEntityType('catalog_categor...')
#2 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Category.php(47): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->setType('catalog_categor...')
#3 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(697): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Category->__construct(Array)
#4 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(737): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('catalog_resourc...', Array)
#5 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/Mage.php(322): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getResourceModelInstance('catalog/categor...', Array)
#6 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/Mage.php(336): Mage::getResourceModel('catalog/categor...', Array)
#7 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(117): Mage::getResourceSingleton('catalog/categor...')
#8 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(201): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->_getResource()
#9 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/List.php(61): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->load('1')
#10 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/List.php(106): Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_List->_getProductCollection()
#11 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(553): Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_List->_beforeToHtml()
#12 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template/Filter.php(56): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#13 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/lib/Varien/Filter/Template.php(122): Mage_Core_Model_Email_Template_Filter->blockDirective(Array)
#14 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Block/Page.php(75): Varien_Filter_Template->filter(Array, Array)
#15 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(554): Mage_Cms_Block_Page->_toHtml('
Home PagetoHtml() #17 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(554): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml() #18 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(431): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml() #19 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(408): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml() #20 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/2columns-right.phtml(50): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('content', true) #21 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(131): include('/home/pretkdco/...') #22 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(163): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('content') #23 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(180): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView('frontend/defaul...') #24 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(554): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml() #25 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(505): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml() #26 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(319): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput() #27 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(77): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout() #28 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/IndexController.php(26): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage() #29 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(342): Mage_Cms_IndexController->indexAction(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), 'home') #30 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(159): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch() #31 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(146): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match('index') #32 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http)) #33 /home/pretkdco/public_html/shopping/index.php(40): Mage::run() #34 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

rockbust

Also getting an error in the admin when I go in to manage catagory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Does it help of you turn off EAV cache?

Admin > System > Cache Management
Uncheck EAV cache, click Save.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rockbust

Thank You Sir. It Must have been the cache because it is now working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

I had the same problem when I was trying to view Template Path Hints I would get an error.

Turning off the EAV Cache worked for me, but I am wondering what the underlying problem is ? and if I should try to fix it? Will this problem pop up later in other situations?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community