Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Typical Wait Time for Some Replies??? 

hahnlew

Total Posts:  3

I am new to this forum thing. In the middle of a problem, you post and then you wait. I notice there are many “HOW DO I ...” posts with many many days and no replies. Is that typical?

Roy, how does this thing work most effectively?

Much thanks for your excellent work, I hope I can get this thing running.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

Hello,

The forum is designed to be a community help system put in place to allow all of us to learn and help each other.

The concept is very simple - you get out what you put in.  The posts and questions that provide the most detailed information allow more community members to evaluate your situation and apply their knowledge to your problem.

You’ll find that most of the unanswered questions are often times some of the least detailed questions - likewise, those questions that provide in greater detail the problem and go out of the way to provide the isolated hosting environment information often times find more prompt and accurate replies.

I think you will find an equal amount of posts that have very quick replies and upon further evaluation of those posts you will find that they provide a greater detail of the problem they are experiencing. 

The forum here is full of very helpful people and most likely, any question can eventually be answered if enough information is provided.  What you will find is that those people whom can offer the answers are not the same people whom are willing to pull every last bit of information from you.  This is just human nature - we like to help people who let us help them.

An old saying comes to mind… “Garbage in, garbage out”

Try to provide the most detail you can when describing your issue and you’ll find that many members will be more than willing to offer their assistance in a timely fashion.

Hope this helps you some.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hahnlew

Total Posts:  3

Thanks CRUCIAL… good answer and helpful.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community