Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Possible ‘My Account’ improvements

Travis

Total Posts:  125

While clicking on every single possible link in the Demo Store, one thing that felt awkward was the My Account page.  Once you click an “edit” link to edit a specific section (address book, contact info, etc...) it feels fine.  But the initial My Account landing page lacks the handy nav on the left.

To get to My Orders, My Product Reviews, My Tags, etc… I have to click edit on either my address info or whatnot.

So I say, scrap the My Cart and Compare products right sidebar from the My Account landing page, and put the same navbar you have on every account edit page on the main one.

Would make account management much easier for many of my customers.

I included a screenshot of how it is now, and how I think it should be.

If I’m missing an option to enable this already, please let me know and I’ll hang my head in shame.  wink

Current Account page

Suggested Account page

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Travis - Thanks for the input. We’ll definitely review with the team and consider. Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

+1 vote for the suggestion travis has made smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community