Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Restrict Shipping Method Based on Product Attribute

oliverscarlett

Total Posts:  15

Some of our products are perishable and can can only be shipped overnight. So if there are any perishables added to the cart, we need to restrict shipping options to overnight only.

Could someone help me get started on this?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hey @oliverscarlett,

I’m actually attempting to do something similar. Post: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8254/

When I figure out the exact steps that need to take place and can confirm what files need to be modified, I’ll see what we can do to help out on this.

Off the top of my head, we’ll have to modify the shipping method and possible XML to insert a condition. We may need to check for the included product attributes that have been selected, and then run through a condition if a certain product with that attribute is sitting inside the shopping cart.

Definitely doable, though I just need some confirmation on a few things prior to getting on something like this.

Anyone else?

Thanks,
Lee

Magento Community
Magento Community

oliverscarlett

Total Posts:  15

Thanks Lee,

By the way, there’s more on passing a product attribute to the shipping logic with input from Moshe here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/2027/#

I’m just not sure how to implement it in my context… yet.

Cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community