Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
importing products

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

i keep getting this error when trying to import products
help?

* Starting profile execution, please wait…
* Warning: Please don’t close window during importing/exporting data

* Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Xml_Excel :: parse
* Found 0 rows
* Starting catalog/convert_adapter_product :: parse

and then it stops and nothing is imported

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

coastal California, USA

does anyone know? has anyone else had this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bonaventure

Total Posts:  29

Did you enter a product manually and then export it to see exactly how the columns should be named and arranged? I had a similar problem because my import file did not match the style of my export file.
The dataflow wizard is not recognizing any rows, which tells me that there’s either something wrong with your columns or rows, or the file itself was not saved in the proper format (either csv or xml).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hoodgrown

Total Posts:  63

I exported a file.. added a product and loaded it back in and I get the same damn thing!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

coastal California, USA

i started off by exporting a csv file and using it as a template. then i used open office as described in this article
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/166/useful_tools_to_work_with_translations
i deleted the old stuff (except the first row which says what the columns are for) and then put in some new stuff.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hoodgrown

Total Posts:  63

I finally got this thing to work! Yes!!!! I couldn’t get it to export an csv file but I did get it to do the xml file. I even have the images importing as well…

one slight problem is that after an upload… I have to go in an uncheck the “exclude” box for the images to appear. Is there any way around this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

restos

Total Posts:  79

I did the same but I get this:

* Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv :: parse
* Found 1 rows
* Skip import row, is not valid value “Set” for field “type”
* Processed 100% 1/1 records
* Imported 0 records
* Finished profile execution.

Steps:

1) Export All products to CSV from Magento Admin
2) Open file with OpenOffice.org delete all data except first row and fill it with one test product.
3) Save it
4) Import using Import All products from Magento.

Any help? If I can´t import products I can´t USE IT.... please help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

restos

Total Posts:  79

More problems…

I try to export csv file to M. Office 2003 xml format and import using All products import from Magento with xml but ALWAYS i get the same problem:

* Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Xml_Excel :: parse
* Found 1 rows
* Skip import row, is not valid value “Set” for field “type”
* Processed 100% 1/1 records
* Imported 0 records
* Finished profile execution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@restos: so just to make sure, you have 1 row with field titles and 1 row with product data, totalling 2 rows in the file?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

coastal California, USA

okay, this time i used an older version of excel, and when it opened the csv it didnt give each item its own cell. then i saved the file as a csv and now when i try to import i get this error

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/stra2com/domains/straightdown2.com/public_html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Convert/Parser/Csv.php on line 87

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

coastal California, USA

Phew, I (finally) got Magento to import something. I used an MS XML file made in OOO.

Now I have another fun (sarcasm) problem. I tried to import a configurable product. Didn’t work so well. I went to look for it in the frontend, and it isn’t there. I thought to myself “okay, I must have some missing settings. Now I will just go edit the file via the backend”

Problem: I can’t edit the configurable item. I click on edit, it takes me to another screen as if I were creating the configurable item, asks me to select the configurable attribute I want to use. I click it, then it does a loop and puts me back to choosing which configurable attribute I want to use. Forever.

Sigh…

Magento Community
Magento Community

lemax
Guru

Total Posts:  318
Nantes, France

sdb - 29 May 2008 12:38 PM

Phew, I (finally) got Magento to import something. I used an MS XML file made in OOO.

Problem: I can’t edit the configurable item. I click on edit, it takes me to another screen as if I were creating the configurable item, asks me to select the configurable attribute I want to use. I click it, then it does a loop and puts me back to choosing which configurable attribute I want to use. Forever.

Sigh…

Did you solve this problem ? I have the same. And it makes me crazy.
I can’t go forward.
Max

Magento Community
Magento Community

Radu.Groza

Total Posts:  6

Hello
I’m working with Magento on a french site and I need to import a whole list of products. When importing the list of products:

- Starting catalog/convert_adapter_product :: parse
- <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> <head> <title>Error Submission Form</title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/> <meta name="description" content=""/> <meta name="keywords" content=""/> <meta name="robots" content="*"/> <link rel="icon" href="skin/default/images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"/> <link rel="shortcut icon” href="skin/default/images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"/> <!--[if IE]> <style type="text/css"> .head, .page-head, .page-head-alt, .header-top-container, .header-top, .header-nav-container, .header-nav, #nav, #nav li, #nav a, .middle, .button-set, .form-list li, .button-container, .group-select li, .listing-type-list .listing-item, .listing-type-list .product-info .product-reviews { zoom:1; } .clear { display:block; clear:both; height:0; font-size:0; line-height:0; } .quick-access li { padding-right:4px; padding-left:6px;} .home-spot { display:inline; } .header-top-container { position:relative; } #nav ul li.parent { margin-bottom:-3px;} </style> <![endif]--> <!--[if lt IE 7]> <style text="text/css"> h1#logo { display:inline; }…

I realised that the problem is with french words that contain diacritics (e.g. é, è). Could anyone help me? please…

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikep

Total Posts:  22

Hi All…
I’m currently running CandyPress for my store and would like to switch to Magento. Is there a step by step tutorial on importing data into Magento? Can I import a csv or xml file from the admin backend to populate the database?

I’m looking to import 24k products, so any help would be appriciated....

Thanks for your time,

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

lemax
Guru

Nantes, France

Radu.Groza - 17 June 2008 04:46 AM

Hello
I’m working with Magento on a french site and I need to import a whole list of products. When importing the list of products:

- Starting catalog/convert_adapter_product :: parse
- <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> <head> <title>Error Submission Form</title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/> <meta name="description" content=""/> <meta name="keywords" content=""/> <meta name="robots" content="*"/> <link rel="icon" href="skin/default/images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"/> <link rel="shortcut icon” href="skin/default/images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"/> <!--[if IE]> <style type="text/css"> .head, .page-head, .page-head-alt, .header-top-container, .header-top, .header-nav-container, .header-nav, #nav, #nav li, #nav a, .middle, .button-set, .form-list li, .button-container, .group-select li, .listing-type-list .listing-item, .listing-type-list .product-info .product-reviews { zoom:1; } .clear { display:block; clear:both; height:0; font-size:0; line-height:0; } .quick-access li { padding-right:4px; padding-left:6px;} .home-spot { display:inline; } .header-top-container { position:relative; } #nav ul li.parent { margin-bottom:-3px;} </style> <![endif]--> <!--[if lt IE 7]> <style text="text/css"> h1#logo { display:inline; }…

I realised that the problem is with french words that contain diacritics (e.g. é, è). Could anyone help me? please…

Poste ton message dans la rubrique French forum…
Je n’ai pas eu de soucis avec les accents. J’utilise le format XML.
Je rencontre seulement des pb avec les articles configurables.
Max

Magento Community
Magento Community

lemax
Guru

Nantes, France

mikep - 17 June 2008 05:48 AM

Hi All…
I’m currently running CandyPress for my store and would like to switch to Magento. Is there a step by step tutorial on importing data into Magento? Can I import a csv or xml file from the admin backend to populate the database?

I’m looking to import 24k products, so any help would be appriciated....

Thanks for your time,

Mike

That’s quite simple. You have to do that in the admin side and you can use a XML/EXCEL or OO file.
Test it on a demo store.
Max

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2