Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Strange issue with My Account pages

katiek648

Total Posts:  33

I am having a strange issue with the “My Account” section. When someone registers for the first time and they click on My Account, the layout is not right. It looks like the .col-main section has been removed from the col-2-left-layout section. However, once the person places an order and you go back to the My Account page, its laid out correctly. I have no idea where I went wrong here or what file I should be fixing. I’m guessing it might have something to do with my XML file??

To see examples, you can log in to our marketplace:
https://shop.ode1.deasil.com/customer/account/

Customer Already Ordered: / 123456

New Customer/No Orders: / 123456

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ikuzyk
Magento Team

Total Posts:  60
Ternopil, Ukraine

hi katiek648

there is one extra div tag in your code - all you need is remove it

this

<script type="text/javascript">
                    <!--
                        var 
newsletterSubscriberFormDetail = new VarienForm('newsletter-validate-detail');

//-->

</script>

</div>
        </
div>&nbsp;
        </
div>

replace with this

<script type="text/javascript">
                    <!--
                        var 
newsletterSubscriberFormDetail = new VarienForm('newsletter-validate-detail');

//-->

</script>

</div>
        </
div>&nbsp;

hope its help

Magento Community
Magento Community

katiek648

Total Posts:  33

Thanks for responding so quickly. I check the Newsletter code and it was fine, it didn’t have that extra div.

I did solve my problem temporarily by commenting out this code in customer.xml

<customer_account>
        <!-- 
Mage_Customer -->
        <
reference name="root">
            <
action method="setTemplate"><template>page/2columns-left.phtml</template></action>
        </
reference>

<
reference name="left">
            <
block type="customer/account_navigation" name="customer_account_navigation" before="-" template="customer/account/navigation.phtml">
                <
action method="addLink" translate="label" module="customer"><name>account</name><path>customer/account/</path><label>Account Dashboard</label></action>
                <
action method="addLink" translate="label" module="customer"><name>account_edit</name><path>customer/account/edit/</path><label>Account Information</label></action>
                <
action method="addLink" translate="label" module="customer"><name>address_book</name><path>customer/address/</path><label>Address Book</label></action>
            </
block>
         <!--  <
reference name="left">

<
block type="checkout/cart_sidebar" name="cart_sidebar" template="checkout/cart/sidebar.phtml"/>
             <
block type="core/template" name="catalog.compare.sidebar" template="catalog/product/compare/sidebar.phtml"/>
                <
block type="sales/reorder_sidebar" name="sale.reorder.sidebar" as="reorder" template="sales/reorder/sidebar.phtml"/>
               <
action method="unsetChild"><name>tags_popular</name></action>
            </
reference> -->
        </
reference>
    </
customer_account>

It’s not really necessary that I have the compare box or the tags. Just not sure where that extra div is coming from. Either way, thanks for your help!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community