Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘category_ids’ in ‘field list’ 1.4.0.1

danielgi

Total Posts:  10

FIX this SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘category_ids’ in ‘field list’

This is the answer for everybody that looking for him...... is not an magento error.... in just a human error...... a error of person that try to make a new product....

After you press \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"copy from configurable\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\” button ...a new window will open.....

Many people will fill just first tab.....please take yout time and fill WEBSITES AND CATEGORIES tabs .......and the error will dissapear .....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lfolco

Total Posts:  21

danielgi - 09 September 2010 10:07 PM

FIX this SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘category_ids’ in ‘field list’

This is the answer for everybody that looking for him...... is not an magento error.... in just a human error...... a error of person that try to make a new product....

After you press \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"copy from configurable\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\” button ...a new window will open.....

Many people will fill just first tab.....please take yout time and fill WEBSITES AND CATEGORIES tabs .......and the error will dissapear .....

i’ve filled out all the required fields (categories are not required as far as i know?) and i’m still getting the error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mosses Akizian

Total Posts:  176
Los Angeles, CA

Everyone- rebuild your Catalog Search Index, Category Flat Data, and Product Flat Data in Admin’s Index Management.

Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

There is now a new method you will need to use to add category_ids to your collection:

You will need to add this to your collection object:

$this->_productCollection->addCategoryIds();

You can Check out more here!

Hope this helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jazkat

Total Posts:  154

I had the same problem in Magento ver. 1.3.2.4
Tried rebuilding: Catalog Search Index, Category Flat Data, and Product Flat Data in Admin’s Index Management.
Didn’t work.
Then I imported database before rebuilding (luckily I’m backing up database before any change in Magento-that much I’ve learned) and it’s working now. I’m not yet sure what exactly broke it, rebuilding search index or flat tables…

Magento Community
Magento Community

jpelton

Total Posts:  5

You get this error when you have any attribute set to ‘static’ as the backend_type in eav_attribute (category_ids is one of those) and that same attributeID (108 for category_ids) has ‘is_searchable’ set to true in catalog_eav_attribute.

The only attributes that can be ‘static’ and ‘is_searchable’ have to exist in the catalog_product_entity table (like sku for instance).

I can’t tell you how “is_searchable” got set to ‘1’ in catalog_eav_attribute for attribute_id 108, but setting it to ‘0’ should fix this error.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2