Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Monster Magento Connect Bug Bit Me

cyrj

Total Posts:  3

Monster Magento Connect Bug Bit Me

Hi Folks,

Have a bug here, cost me a day of work.

I am running 1.3.2.4 of Magento, and have a lot of custom modules/extensions built in. I had decided to test them on 1.4 later, and roll them out with 1.324.

Getting towards the end of my development, I wanted to add a new theme. I wanted to add the Modern (plain) Theme from the Magento Core group. When I went to Magento Connect, I figured I’d use this key-based updater, It had worked fine months ago when I had added items.

This theme key, installed all of Magento 1.4 without an “Are you sure?”. It also included several bugs that wouldn’t let me into Magento. One bug wouldn’t let me in to the admin, after fixing that by deleting a Cache directory, half of the admin menus are gone.

I give up.

I have to build a new Magento 1.324 and install all of my additions.

If someone could pass this along to the Magento folks configuring MagentoConnect, that’d be great. Seems like a nice tool.

A theme should stop you if its the wrong version, not overwrite your environment.

Very happy with Magento, I understand the thoughts, but it cost me a day of my life.

Thanks,

-Jon

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community