Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t use magento connet

abounasser

Total Posts:  1

Hello
I’m trying to install some packages with magento-connect , i’m a newbie )

Here is the error :

Failed to download magento-core/Locale_Mage_Core_fr_FR within preferred state “stable”, latest release is version 1.0.18800, stability “beta”, use “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Locale_Mage_Core_fr_FR-1.0.18800” to install
Cannot initialize ‘channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Locale_Mage_Core_fr_FR’, invalid or missing package file
Install Errors
Package “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Locale_Mage_Core_fr_FR” is not valid
PEAR ERROR: install failed

I don’t have Pear installed , should i install it , if yes , how can magento find my PEAR installation ? is there any doc ?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

This issue is now fixed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cyana

Total Posts:  11
Los Angeles / Paris

A different problem for me when i try to connect to Magento Connect :

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Mage_Core_Model_Store_Exception’ in /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php:1049 Stack trace: #0 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(541): Mage_Core_Model_App->throwStoreException() #1 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/Mage.php(192): Mage_Core_Model_App->getStore(NULL) #2 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract.php(67): Mage::getStoreConfig(’web/cookie/cook...’) #3 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php(42): Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract->getCookieLifetime() #4 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php(101): Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract_Varien->start(NULL) #5 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract.php(36): Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract_Varien->init(’admin’, NULL) #6 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Sess in /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php on line 1049

Any Idea where this come from ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

§igma

Total Posts:  3

hi!

i’ve the same problem everytime i try to install a package!

i tested different packages :(

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

rundlej

I am getting the original error posted by abounasser for the Protx and Modern theme extensions. Tested on the Modern theme, Protx, and iDeal extensions.

Magento is ver. 1.0.19870.1 hosted on a 1and1.co.uk shared hosting solution

Failed to download magento-core/Interface_Frontend_Default_Modern within preferred state “stable”, latest release is version 1.0.19871, stability “beta”, use “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Interface_Frontend_Default_Modern-1.0.19871” to install
Cannot initialize ‘channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Interface_Frontend_Default_Modern’, invalid or missing package file
Install Errors
Package “channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Interface_Frontend_Default_Modern” is not valid

Magento Community
Magento Community

§igma

Hi!

I know how to solve the problem. there is a tab on top of the page where you have to enter the code. there you should choose alpha version as prefered packages.

have fun smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chang

Total Posts:  16

cyana - 27 May 2008 12:45 PM

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Mage_Core_Model_Store_Exception’ in /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php:1049 Stack trace: #0 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(541): Mage_Core_Model_App->throwStoreException() #1 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/Mage.php(192): Mage_Core_Model_App->getStore(NULL) #2 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract.php(67): Mage::getStoreConfig(’web/cookie/cook...’) #3 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php(42): Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract->getCookieLifetime() #4 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php(101): Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract_Varien->start(NULL) #5 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract.php(36): Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract_Varien->init(’admin’, NULL) #6 /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Sess in /data/home/cyanaboutique/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php on line 1049

Hi cyana,

How did you fix this error?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gosha

Total Posts:  12

Got the the following error during the ‘modern theme’ installation:channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Interface_Frontend_Default_Modern” is not valid.

How to solve:

1. Select ‘Settings’ tab on a connect manager page.
2. Choose Beta as ‘Preferred State’

see attachment

Gosha

Image Attachments
connect_manager.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Esme

Total Posts:  6

Hi, I’ve tried to install Direct Resize and I am getting the following errors (I have tried Stable, Beta and Alpha setting, the output is on beta setting):

downloading NetAmbition_DirectResize-1.5.tgz ...
Starting to download NetAmbition_DirectResize-1.5.tgz (2,036 bytes)
. ...done: 2,036 bytes
Could not get contents of package “/home/esmemoo/public_html/giftshop/downloader/pearlib/download/NetAmbition_DirectResize-1.5.tgz”. Invalid tgz file.
Download of “magento-community/NetAmbition_DirectResize” succeeded, but it is not a valid package archive
Error: cannot download “magento-community/NetAmbition_DirectResize”
Install Errors
Download failed

Please let me know whether I am doing something wrong.

I have tried with many other extensions, but they all have the same problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

VooDo0

I have the same problem under version 1.1.2. Changed the Mage::run() to run(’default’) - the same result. Tried on IE7 and Mozilla 3.0. Somebody knows the fix?

Magento Community
Magento Community

VooDo0

Chang - 09 June 2008 06:02 AM

Hi cyana,

How did you fix this error?

Install version 1.1.2 of magento. Make php.ini where you include pdo.so and pdo_mysql.so. Copy it in the root directory of the store and in the /downloader folder. This works for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community