Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Required Fields for Importing

roco

Total Posts:  191

What are the required fields for importing specific attributes and image paths when using the field mapping utility?

roco

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WisdOMbooks

Total Posts:  144
Kolkata (Calcutta) - INDIA

Dear Team, I guess this import thing is becoming too much of a headache, is it not?
We all know you are working very hard to smooth it up with code and documentation
so we are eagerly waiting for the next update to give us a clean & clear Data Flow.

I think, though, that this list of *Required Fields for Import* could be anticipated right now
( as an appetizer?) to allow all those so many developers around
to proceeed right now with the work in their own…

Last, but not least… I want to thank you all for your wonderful gift of Magento grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

pritch20001

Total Posts:  63

agreed, Magento please post a list of required import fields, I am transferring from a custom shop so can’t work without this!

Magento Community
Magento Community

blakew

Total Posts:  107

From reading this…

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6955/

You simply export all products, and you can see how the csv should look when you import it. I believe you can go through the process of manually adding an item and just see what has a star next to it, hence requiring it. I did just that and here are my results:

Products: Name, Desription, Short Description, sku, weight, status, visibility, price, tax class, qty, categories, type, attribute set

Customer: type (admin or customer), First Name, Last Name, Email, Customer Group, Password

I scribbled this down on paper yesterday, so I am not 100% sure its correct but if you go through the process you will soon find which are required.

Hope this helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community