Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Presenting: IHSA State Finals Store - Magento 1.0.19870

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

My second live Magento store:
IHSA State Finals Store

smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mrjohnnycake

Total Posts:  35
Arcata, CA. USA

Very nice.  I just looked at it for a sec but I immediately noticed some darker shading on the left part of the Shop By, My Cart, etc. tabs on the product pages.  Not a big deal but it stood out to me.

Good job.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Waterloo, ON

@mrjohnnycake:  Thanks!  Could you clarify what you mean by the darker shading?  I am not seeing any difference here in IE7, Firefox, or Safari.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

Fantastic work, Sherrie!

The store looks great - I really like your customizations, can hardly tell it’s Magento!

Definitely one of the best yet - nice work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

itay

Total Posts:  30
Israel

@ sherrie
To test your web design in different browsers check this site http://www.browsershots.org/.

You using PNG and actually PNG make problems in IE 6 end earlier versions. I think there is a solution for this but i’m not sure 100%.
In IE 7 its look ok but stil you can see something darker on the left top part.

But, the site look great ..... i’m love with Magento sites smile

Image Attachments
IE6.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

Total Posts:  191

Crucial Web Host - 14 May 2008 11:28 AM

Fantastic work, Sherrie!

The store looks great - I really like your customizations, can hardly tell it’s Magento!

Definitely one of the best yet - nice work.

I have to agree . . . this is one of the sharpest Magento based stores I have seen yet.

Very inspirational.

If I may ask . . . Are there any supplemental modules and/or scripts that you integrated that are not part of the base Magento package?

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Waterloo, ON

@itay: Ok, great - thanks for the tip.  And the compliment. smile

@TomC: Thanks!  The only thing I added was Ajazza’s layered navigation settings to make the attributes appear as dropdowns and two small blocks of code on the front page to feature the track shirts and display new products.  If there’s something specific you’re referring to I can let you know how I did it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

Hi Sherrie,

Lovely store - well done! Could you just share with us where you put the AddMe button code in the templates?

Thanks and once again, great work!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Waterloo, ON

@lisali:  Thanks! I put the addthis code in app/design/frontend/default/YOURTEMPLATE/template/tag/popular.phtml which probably is not the correct place for it as it would only display if there are tags.  What you would want to do is build a block just like the mini-cart, mini-newsletter, etc and put it in that way using app/design/frontend/default/YOURTEMPLATE/layout/catalog.xml

Hope that helps. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pooch

Total Posts:  70
Danville, CA USA

Looks good sherrie, thanks for sharing. BTW I noticed a certificate error on FF on my PC.

Just out of curiousity, what payment processor are you using? Do you have a preference?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

Many thanks, Sherrie!

That does help a lot.

Once again - great work on the store - and a lovely favicon as well!

Looking forward to seeing what your next live store will look like.

All the best!
Lisa

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Waterloo, ON

@Pooch: Thanks ... I noticed that on Safari but hadn’t seen any problems using a PC.  I’ll have to check with our hosting company and certificate provider to see what’s going on as it’s only about 2 months old and good till 2010.

We use Authorize.net for all of our online payment processing.  It was researched and used on one of our other stores before I ever came here, so I’m not really sure what the reasoning was - though it must be fairly popular as it was one of the first ones built into Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pooch

Total Posts:  70
Danville, CA USA

sherrie, cool! Thanks again for sharing!

Magento Community
Magento Community

compwhizmm

Total Posts:  11

sherrie - 14 May 2008 06:41 AM

My second live Magento store:
IHSA State Finals Store

smile

Nice site. I actually live in Illinois, and my local high school was in the ihsa state tournament last year. Small World....

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know you have a unsecured items alert popping up on your checkout pages. Probably an unsecure image somewhere.

It does run a little slow, but faster than I have been able to get Magento to run.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Waterloo, ON

@compwhizmm: Small world indeed. smile

Thanks, I just fixed that.  I had an image hardcoded into the footer because the skin path wasn’t working, I just changed it to https and now it’s fine.

It is a little slow because we are running off of shared hosting for now, but not too unbearable - at least, we’ve had quite a few orders so it hasn’t been much of a deterrent.

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Excellent Job!

In my opinion the product grid list would look even better with a little bit more space around the product images, and maybe you can make sure that all the products are displayed on a white background?

This is your current product display: http://www.minervapromotions.com/ihsa/store/winter-events/basketball-boys

My preference is to have the products displayed more like this: http://s38768.gridserver.com/mens-laptop-bags/laptop-backpacks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2