Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

print.css - Is this required at all? 

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

Hi all,

Is the CSS file print.css required at all? I removed this CSS file and checked the site and pages seem to load correctly. But wanted to check if anyone’s aware of an use that I am blind to.

I want to remove this as this file creates problems when I try to compress all CSS files into one file and use that on my site.

Any pointers on this appreciated.

Thanks!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Total Posts:  188

@srinigenie
You’ll be ok without. Its only for printed documents. I don’t use one myself… I should… but dont.

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

thanks NicKl ....

Magento Community
Magento Community

saval

Total Posts:  36
India, Nagpur

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/print.css" media="print"/>

Media type - print

Media Types allow you to specify how documents will be presented in different media. The web page can be rendered differently on the screen, on the paper, with an aural browser, etc.

Similarly media type print allows you to change your font, height, width or some other styling for your print pages as per your/client requirement, print.css must be there and we should not merge it into other css, it applies only at the time of print.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brunomarshall
Guru

Total Posts:  367

srinigenie - 13 May 2008 06:32 AM

Hi all,

Is the CSS file print.css required at all? I removed this CSS file and checked the site and pages seem to load correctly. But wanted to check if anyone’s aware of an use that I am blind to.

I want to remove this as this file creates problems when I try to compress all CSS files into one file and use that on my site.

Any pointers on this appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hi,
This css file responsible printing your order slip when you succeed in your checkout process you can add color to your class for order slips which you obtain at final of checkout process

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community