Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Official Magento Japanese Translation (ja_JP)

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

This is the official Magento Japanese Translation thread (ja_JP). Please post all comments here.

To get started, please visit this blog post for an overview.

UPDATE: Please refer to a blog post with an update on the translation process.

File Attachments
ja_JP.zip  (File Size: 33KB - Downloads: 1646)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

johnnymartin

Total Posts:  1

Thanks, Roy.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WTD

Total Posts:  9

Thanks, will start the translation on this tommorow.

Will upload when done.

Many thanks,
Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community

HirokazuNishi

Total Posts:  19
Tokyo Japan

Hi.

Today, I started translate.
I am Japanese and I am interested in Magento.

I send you a part of translated locale files.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oskar

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

I work in Japanese company and we are interested in Magento and in translate it to Japanese. Can we know what percent needs still to be done?
And one more question is: if we translate all of them, can we get the updated version of the software soon?

Thank you very much for your time thinking and developing the product, is nice, we are really impressed.

Best Regards,
Oskar Diaz

Magento Community
Magento Community

CKD

Total Posts:  31
Saitama, Japan

I represent a design agency here in Japan.  We have been looking into Magento and we are going to start working on a translation for it soon.  For all the people who are interested in doing this as a team, one I started a group here.
Magento-Japan

And I would also like to start a checklist where people who are working on this could claim a file and check it off when they are finished.  I think it will also be important to have people go through and double check each translation for errors. 

On the last note, we plan to use a pair team to translate the files.  Native English speaker with a native Japanese speaker.  This is ideal to make sure that people understand all the meanings and get the proper translations.

If anyone wants to go at this with us, let me know and I will add you to the check list.  I will make the list public as soon as I can get some replies.  If I don’t get any then we will just start this on our own.

Regards,
Shaun
www.crystalkoi.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

CKD

Saitama, Japan

Also is there any set guidelines to translating for Magento?  I see in each file there are two columns with the same list of words.  When translating, do we do the 2nd column only or both?  I will search more about this and post back if I find the answer, but if anyone knows before then, that would be great.

Regards,
Shaun

Magento Community
Magento Community

HirokazuNishi

Tokyo Japan

Hi.

I think, first Column is a key what is used by function “__()”.
Function “__()” looks for words in locale file and replace it to second column value.
so, we translate second colomn.

Regards,
rack

Magento Community
Magento Community

HirokazuNishi

Tokyo Japan

And how do we share the checklists?

Use Wiki like fr translation team?

In Chinese Forum. Multi-byte words are correctly displayed.
So I think, use wiki is no problem.

Regards,
rack

Magento Community
Magento Community

CKD

Saitama, Japan

@rack- sorry it took so long to get back to you here.  I forgot to check that little notification box on this forum. 

I have a checklist account on tadalist.com.  I was thinking of putting up the file names on there and giving people rights to the checklist and then we could check them off as we go.  I haven’t started yet as I wanted to see if anyone was interested in doing this together, and take that into account for what has already been completed.  If you are interested in doing this together that would be great.  I will start on the checklist, an easy way to do it, might be to post the file you want on the checklist, and then when you finish check it off. 

I know in zen-cart the problems are first and last name locations when you are running a multi-language site.  Then you have things like 様 (sama), that needs to go after peoples names.  With payment modules such as paypal, the first and last name placement issue comes up again.  All the problems had work arounds but its usually a sacrifice to one of the languages.

I need to play around with this cart more, I am having problems getting it going on my server so I just installed it on my laptop with XAMMP.  From what I see in the demo vid, it looks like you can run two stores with the same admin but with independent front ends....still not sure on that, but if thats the case, then that would be great, but need to set aside some time to start playing with this.

Let me know,
CKD

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

CKD - 27 November 2007 03:06 PM

From what I see in the demo vid, it looks like you can run two stores with the same admin but with independent front ends....still not sure on that, but if thats the case, then that would be great, but need to set aside some time to start playing with this.

@CKD: You can check out the How Multiple Websites & Stores Work knowledge base article for details.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CKD

Saitama, Japan

@Michael-Thanks for pointing that out.

I really wish I had the time to get into Magento right now.  I have to finish up a couple of projects before it becomes high priority, right now I look at it in my free time.

Are you interested in helping with translations? or did you just happen to read my last post?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

I’m in charge of Magento translations, so feel free to contact me on translations issues.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CKD

Saitama, Japan

@Michael-Sorry about that.  I should have noticed you from the pm..ha.  Looking at code to long today.  You should add a pic so you stand out more.

Magento Community
Magento Community

HirokazuNishi

Tokyo Japan

Hi.

I’m sorry slowing to reply.

I have a checklist account on tadalist.com.  I was thinking of putting up the file names on there and giving people rights to the checklist and then we could check them off as we go.  I haven’t started yet as I wanted to see if anyone was interested in doing this together, and take that into account for what has already been completed.  If you are interested in doing this together that would be great.  I will start on the checklist, an easy way to do it, might be to post the file you want on the checklist, and then when you finish check it off. 

I got an account on tadalist.com.
Let’s start to make the checklist and progress of Magento translation!

I know in zen-cart the problems are first and last name locations when you are running a multi-language site.  Then you have things like 様 (sama), that needs to go after peoples names.  With payment modules such as paypal, the first and last name placement issue comes up again.  All the problems had work arounds but its usually a sacrifice to one of the languages.

Yes. I think so.
In Japanese, a family name and a given name are reverse order that in English.
So, translation for Japanese is necessary to customize those positions on the template.
But, sometimes customized codes are causes serious influence of original codes. I’m afraid it.

The payment module is secret information of payment providers and it is disclosure for their customers.
So, many E-Commerce packages doesn’t have it.
It is necessary to develop of it. we must contract to some of them. It is a little difficult.
If we already have payment module program, better way is customize it.

thanks.
rack

Magento Community
Magento Community

CKD

Saitama, Japan

For people who are interested, we have started a check list.  If you would like to be a part of the translation efforts, pm me with an email address and I will add you to the list.

Here is a link to the public view of the list, Magento-Ja

Regards,
CKD

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3