Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

CSV import for tax rates failed

pawshpup

Total Posts:  22

Invalid file format upload attempt.  This is the error that I get.  I seem to be having problems Import / Export Tax Rates as a CSV format.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

Total Posts:  99

i’m having the same ....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cheung

Total Posts:  30
Seattle, WA

I had the similar problem but I managed to make it work by using a unique or different Code/Identifier for each zip code or region in the CSV file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cheekygeek

Total Posts:  30

The fix for this problem can be found here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/from-the-support-team-tax-rules-configuration-and-settings/

Another tip for Excel users. If you want to convert XLS to CSV, one very simple way to do it is to log into Google Docs and create a new spreadsheet. Do a File > Import… and select your Excel document. (supports .xls, .xlsx, .ods, .csv, .txt)

After importing you will see an “Open now” link. Click it.

Now, from your newly imported spreadsheet do a File > Download as > .csv

This file, with quotation marks around all values (and a comma at the end of each line except the header line) will import successfully. Believe me, I struggled with this for a while until finding this answer!

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Great post by the Magento team - can you also mention that this is a problem with the table-based shipping methods please as this is a frequent question I get.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

geekzonebooks

Total Posts:  4

Does anyone know of a plugin for Magento that will interface with the RESTful API provided by Washington State Department of Revenue

http://dor.wa.gov/Content/FindTaxesAndRates/RetailSalesTax/DestinationBased/ClientInterface.aspx

And at the time of check out automaticly reach out and query in real time the correct amount of sales tax to charge for the destination of the shipment if it requires collecting tax?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community