Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installation - cannot get past accept licence and ‘continue’

mrmes20x

Total Posts:  5

Hello everyone

I had it installed, but wanted to install on an SSL, so got my hostage company to set one up for me. I’ve tried to reinstall, and can’t get past ‘continue’ ... it just keeps reloading that page.

I have not got a clue what’s going on; does anyone have any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

Do you have access to the Apache error log?

Magento Community
Magento Community

John Thompson

Total Posts:  2

After searching the forum it seems this is a common problem - I’m also having difficulty moving past Locale - I don’t even get an option to select a locale, instead getting an asterisk. I do not have access to the apache logs for this. any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as I’d like to evaluate this ecommerce solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

No access to any logs at all? What control panel are you using (if any)? If you have cPanel there’s an Error Log icon available that should have some valuable information in it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

John Thompson

Total Posts:  2

After doing a *whole* lot of digging, it turns out I’m sitting on an older server with my host company, and certain things were simply unavailable. They’ve offered to migrate me for free to a server that fully supports Magento, and allows me to pour through error logs as well. I’ll take care of some housekeeping on my end and try out Magento once my migration is complete.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community