Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can i remove the “OR add to wishlist or compare” links beside the add to cart in the product details? 

danpowered

Total Posts:  9

Hi!

I created a specific product details page for a module im coding, everything works perfectly at the moment except for one thing : i dont want the users to be able to add the products to their wishlist or to the compare tool (the product detail page is in a javascript window, i dont want them to be redirected in the javascript window...).

NOTE: i dont want to change the original product detail page, since it still serves its purpose, i want to modify only the specific product detail page i added.

So i found this code in the catalog.xml layout file:

<PRODUCT_TYPE_simple>
      <
reference name="product.info">
          <
block type="catalog/product_view_type_simple" name="product.info.simple" as="product_type_data" template="catalog/product/view/type/simple.phtml"/>
      </
reference>
  </
PRODUCT_TYPE_simple>

I added this part to my module.xml layout file, and changed the path to the template to my own simple.phtml file, but it doesnt seem to be loaded… Is there anything special i need to do get it to take my own simple.phtml?

By the way, i followed this thread to create my own product detail page in my module : http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/3332/

Thanks for any help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community