Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Commercial Extensions…

MunchyMonster

Total Posts:  71
New Hampshire, USA

I know that Magento is Open Source.  I’m putting on my flame retardent undergarments now, but I’m curious so I have to ask.  How would one go about creating a commercial extension to Magento and making it available under the Commercial Extensions section of the Magento site? 

I can think of a number of extensions that people would be happy to pay a few bucks for (Shipping label integration, POS extension, some of the “new” product types, Accounting extensions, order management extensions).  Some of these are harder than others to implement.  I’ve considered developing some of these myself.  Some I’d be more than willing to contribute back to the community under the open source license.  But others I’d want to realize a return on my investment of time and skill.  So any pointers on how one would create a commercial extension for Magento?

Just curious,
MunchyMonster

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Commercial extensions at this time are listings only. The distribution is made by the programmer/author as well as the transaction.

In the future, Magento Connect will be a fully featured marketplace with transaction and rights-management capabilities for developers/designers wishing to sell their extension under a commercial license.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community