Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Getting extensions to work with specific ‘Themes’

cest_la_vie

Total Posts:  37

Hi,

Hope people can help on this. I’ve got a Template from Template Monster, and its been installed as per their instructions. i.e.

app>design>frontend>blank>themeX

But when i install things like EasyTabs, Reward Points, they show up in the Admin panel and are configurable, but do not show up in the site.

They are installed in folder app>design>frontend>default>default

How can i get the extensions to work? With some i’ve copied the folders to the ThemeX folder and it works, but with most extensions it doesn’t work.

FYI running on 1.3.2.4.

So any thoughts on how to get the extensions working with the template i’ve bought?

Thanks

David

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cest_la_vie

Total Posts:  37

cest_la_vie - 02 March 2010 05:16 AM

Hi,

Hope people can help on this. I’ve got a Template from Template Monster, and its been installed as per their instructions. i.e.

app>design>frontend>blank>themeX

But when i install things like EasyTabs, Reward Points, they show up in the Admin panel and are configurable, but do not show up in the site.

They are installed in folder app>design>frontend>default>default

How can i get the extensions to work? With some i’ve copied the folders to the ThemeX folder and it works, but with most extensions it doesn’t work.

FYI running on 1.3.2.4.

So any thoughts on how to get the extensions working with the template i’ve bought?

Thanks

David

Fixed this, just renamed the Default directory in App & skin, to DefaultOriginal (just in case) and renamed the Blank folder to ‘default’. Things seem to be working fine now.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community