Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable Product with related image and pricing

mihaip007

Total Posts:  1

Hi..!

I have just installed Magento and am playing around with it! I think it is fantastic, but before I go and invest time in this framework I would like if possible for one of the technical guys to let me know if Magento can do something that I need!

The best way to describe it is to show it to you! If you would be kind to go to http://www.aliman.co.za/trade/productview/8/3///buy/ then you will see an example of a configurable product that is set up in such a way as to change the image and pricing based on the options given.

Can Mangento do such a thing or is it necessary for custom development?

I read and looked at grouped and configurable products showcasts and I am not too sure if this is done out of the box.

I plain words I required the following:

A client chooses a product where he/she can read technical information about it. Then options are displayed so that he/she may use to configure the desired product (width, height, colour, glass, vents...etc) As the choices are selected, an image with the related description and price is then generated!

Perhaps a better definition is to call the product as a pre-set options. The way the previous system was done is by creating a price definition which allows you to add many definition! On each definition you choose the width, height, etc, and then you place a price and choose an image so that on the user interface it shows as such.

I would appreciate it very much if someone would be kind enough to direct me in the right direction to try and achieve this…

Thank you in advance…
Mihai

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Yes, it is possibly to dynamically load simple product image, price and description for part of the configurable product with the Image-Based Dynamic Configurable Products

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community