Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding callouts only to the homepage

Eminent Style

Total Posts:  86
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom

If I use the ‘3 column’ template option as set in the admin\cms\homepage it calls the left_col.phtml file from in catalog.xml.

If I add callouts using left_col.phtml then they appear on every page that the file is called. Can anyone suugest a way of displaying additional callouts, only on the homepage.

At the moment I having to use the ‘2 column right’ template with a custom left column entered in the ‘Content’ box (as per the original Magento demo site). Is this the best solution?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

FYI, I have read through the design guide and feel I have a reasonable understanding of layouts in Magento. I am using v1.0 in a test environment.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

laurent

Total Posts:  75
Paris, France

You can also put your layout code into ‘Layout Update XML’ textarea when you edit your CMS page.
As an exemple, I used it for an homepage to add a js file from my theme:

<reference name="root">
    <
reference name="head">
        <
action method="addItem"><type>skin_js</type><name>js/homepage_slider.js</name></action>
    </
reference>
</
reference>

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community