Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple Stores & Multiple PayPal Accounts

RegB

Total Posts:  9

First….we are Magento newbies who are trying to use Magento for an online mall type of store featuring various artist.  Each artist will have their own store front & items.  All products will be displayed within the main site.  We are now using Magento version 1.4.0.1 which was released last week (2/19/10). 

So far, we have successfully set up two artist stores and have products showing both in the main store and on the artist’s website.  Everything is working great until we come to PayPal. 

PROBLEM:  The main store will not sell items (meaning we do not have a PayPal account for the main store), Instead, we want to use the main store to help customers find items which will be purchased from the individual artist.  From everything I have read, this should be doable within Magento. 

I can find only one place to enter a PayPal account and it is associated with the Default store. 

Can we set up multiple Magento stores where products are viewed as a collection but purchased from the sub-store owner through PayPal?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

a24magento

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

i am looking for a solution for the same problem.

i want to setup two different stores in one magento installation. therefore i have to integrate two different paypal accounts. up to now, i thougt, this wouldn’t be a problem with the magento multistore ability. but now, it seem, that one can only insert paypal api codes in the default settings and not in the seperate store views.

is there an extension that makes it possbile?

thanks in advance for any hints to this task.

kind regards,
stephan

Magento Community
Magento Community

a24magento

Total Posts:  2

just for info,

using different paypal accounts is possible, when you create two websites in magento (system > manage stores > create website).
for me, this was the solution in this case. maybe for some other users, too.

kind regards,
stephan

Magento Community
Magento Community

SKMoon

Total Posts:  6

We are having a similar problem.

We are running multiple stores (on different domains) and administering them from a single Magento install (version 1.4.1.1).

We have different PayPal Pro accounts for each store. The API parameters are different and we have set up the config as such. But, when you make a purchase and use PayPal Express from the store that is NOT the default store, it sends the customer to the PayPal account of the original (default) store.

We have made sure that none of the default checkboxes are checked for any config parameters on the non-default store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dominicgamble

Total Posts:  14

To allow yourself to enter per store configuration options for paypal, open up the following file:

app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/etc/system.xml

This file contains all of the configuration options for paypal. You’ll notice that most items have the following xml in them:

<show_in_website>1</show_in_website>

Some also have:

<show_in_store>1</show_in_store>

For those options that you want to configure on a per store basis, simply paste:

<show_in_store>1</show_in_store>

underneath the :

<show_in_website>1</show_in_website>

After doing this you’ll need to clear your configuration cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Novusweb

Total Posts:  89
Texas

The creation of multiple Websites, one for each artist, is probably the best way to go if you don’t want to mess with core xml files (nice post, though).

If you have a “Main” store to show all the products, you can still do that by allocating a product to multiple Websites. We do that with several products lines that are offered by more than one retailer, and this is all on one Magento installation.

You have to spend a bit of time wrapping your head around the whole Global-Website-Store concept, but once you do that - and figure out where all the “touch” points are, you’ll find you’ll have lots of versatility with Magento.

There are some limits, though, but we haven’t really bumped into them in practice ... yet.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community