Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
update paypal payments to 1.4

got-bonsai

Total Posts:  136
Wales, UK

Does anyone know a way to extract just the paypal sections from the 1.4 update and apply them to 1.3.2.4 - any idea if it will work.

@ Varien - can you release an update just including the paypal updates that can be applied to 1.3.2.4 - It’s crazy that such a crucial part of the update is only possible if you can find a way to do the entire 1.4 update.

There should be a separate update just for the paypal part as there are many uk magento users now unable to accept one of our most popular debit cards because we cannot update to 1.4.

If anyone is able to make a module to integrate 3d secure with paypal on 1.3.2.4 I’m sure there will be a few willing purchasers.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Phil85

Total Posts:  12
London

I agree, unfortunately we decided to go ahead with the upgarde but it is full of bugs. Luckily, after much work we’ve managed to fix most of them. Just a couple of smaller issues now. However, the only reason we updated was to enable 3-D secure so we could process maestro cards and have an added layer of security. It seems that even that doesn’t workj on the upgrade. Every time we try we just get the message: This card has failed validation and cannot be used.

My advice do not upgrade till these bugs have been fixed. Anyone who knows how to get 3-D secure actually working would be a great help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Wales, UK

FRom what everyone is saying, paypal is totally screwed up in the magento 1.4.0.1 release.  (at least the payflow edition)

Totally unbelievable that after they’ve had alpha, beta and release candidate versions; they can release this version that just doesn’t work at all.  (and thats if you can even find a way to upgade to the it). I know its free software, but free software that doesn’t work is just a waste of bandwidth.

You can get 3d secure working either by a) ditching magento CE, or b) ditching paypal (sagepay seems to b ok (on 1.3.2.4) but you need a merchant bank account)
Long term, I’d suggest a is the path of least resistance.

If anyone can make paypal payflow edition work with 3d secure in 1.3.2.4 or in 1.4, please enlighten us - I for one would be happy to pay for a working solution in 1.3.2.4 (depending on the price smile )

Magento Community
Magento Community

sliilvia

Total Posts:  82

I totally agree, its absolutely incredible that one of the core payment systems in the Magento system is released in V1.4 in a totally unusable state,

1.  Problems with expirations dates
2.  3D secure
3.  Country codes not even being passed to Paypal = cant make a transaction
4.  Maestro transactions broken

Do you actually test any of your software before release?  How does this get released when it doesn’t work at all?

Please release a patch for the UK Payflow Pro Direct problem, or as the previous poster mentioned, I’d also be quite happy if someone who actually knew what they were doing would fix this.  I’d be quite happy to pay too.  I’m considering ditching Magento as its starting to feel like its not worth the hassle.  I appreciate its free, but like the other guy said.  What use is free software if its broken?

Sort the Payflow Pro Direct problems out please and get a patch released asap as I’m not going to upgrade again after the pain of getting 1.4 to work.

Many thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Wales, UK

Is someone from varien able to tell us whether they are able to release a paypal update and/or fix the 1.4 version?

I see on the roadmap that 1.4.0.0 has gone down to 99% complete - and thats after 1.4.0.1 has been released - whats going on?

Are you going to make an update that works?

Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Wales, UK

varien team members used to be very active on the forum and it helped generate a great community spirit - since the enterprise version that has gone. 

Since all our attempts to update to 1.4 have failed and there doesn’t seem to be away to update the payment module, the only option seems to be a fresh install.

But I read lots of people unable to use paypal payflow edition at all with version 1.4 - the 1.4 roadmap is still back to 99% - Does that mean they will re-release the 1.4 stable version when they’ve fixed all the bugs?  Again, if someone from varien can explain it would be appreciated.

Can anyone confirm if paypal payflow pro edition works in 1.4?
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

PurpleARO

Total Posts:  50

wow! I can’t believe no one @Varien has seen or even responded to this post.  I am sure there is a GURU out there who has had a work around to this version, I am running 1.4.0.1 with Paypal Standard and Paypal Express Checkout - I have not experienced any issues yet, but then again I just upgraded my sites today, so I will know if there are any errors or customer complaints by Monday

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rich

Total Posts:  21
London

Having a PayPal nightmare......

Since upgrading from 1.3.4 to 1.4.0.1 two things have happened:

1. PayPal has just completely given up. Neither express or direct payments work. The bank called me to confirm that the reason for card rejection was the expiration date was past to them as 2020!!! (It’s 2010). It appears that Magento is messing with the card details on route to the bank which is rejecting them.

2. Google Analytics has stopped working. GA says that data is being collected, but displays 0 visitors! (Not true - I can be certain of that!!)

Does anyone out there have any ideas at all?

Please help

Many thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

boziboy

Total Posts:  44

I’m also having problems with Paypal in version 1.4.0.1 because when a person checks out with paypal they don’t get an order email or rerouted back to the store. In addition i’m getting the “payment pending” status crap until i click invoice. Pretty lame, I started using Magento because I was sick of CRE but it seems like there are still many things that need to be worked out. I still love magento 1000 times more but we need to have a rock solid system by now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RepoUK

Total Posts:  24

I don’t think any PayPal payment methods are working with 1.4.0.1.

We URGENTLY need a release with PayPal and Google Checkout working 100% out of the box with zero hacking and patching required.

Magento Community
Magento Community

boziboy

Total Posts:  44

@RepoUK

Can we have some more information? What happens when you try to make a purchase with paypal? I solved my problems with Paypal Website Standard because I was restricting access to my installation via .htaccess. So when paypal was trying to send IPN confirmation to my site it was being blocked which didn\’t allow the status of our orders to change from \"Payment Pending\” to \"Complete\". Check this link out: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how_to/paypal_standard_payments_setup_with_ipn . There are specific references pertaining to changes in 1.4.0.1, so do a search on the page with your browser to skip to those parts.

For example, your IPN URL has changed from http://www.yoursite.com/paypal/standard/ipn/ to http://www.yoursite.com/paypal/ipn/standard/ so make sure that is also changed in your paypal backend account settings.

Magento Community
Magento Community

migpt

Total Posts:  6

Thank you Erik for this module.

Did this work to others? I would like to know that before trying it in my store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rickw

Total Posts:  6

Somebody got a working fix on 1.4 for this?

tried the decode for ipn.php but didn’t work

Magento Community
Magento Community

cogprocess

Total Posts:  9

I added Erik’’s code to the site, but the new payment method is not showing up in the back-end only the existing paypal payment standard option.  Am I missing something?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bj0rn

Total Posts:  37

Has there been any progress with the fix?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jonas Lagneryd

Total Posts:  68

Erik - Classy Llama Studios - 04 May 2010 07:26 AM

@Migpt - After posting that module, I realized that we had copied the 1.3.2.4 Mage_Paypal_Model_Standard file from /app/code/core/Mage/ into /app/code/local/Mage/ as we made a core hack to fix another issue.  The fix I applied above was actually extending the old 1.3.2.4 Mage_Paypal_Model_Standard class that was in /app/code/local/Mage/ not the new Mage_Paypal_Model_Standard class.  I have since removed the Mage_Paypal_Model_Standard class file from /app/code/local/Mage/.  Everything now works.  I haven’t tested whether or not this will work if I remove the custom override that I built.  I plan on doing so sometime in the future and will let you guys know how that goes.

All that to say that I’m not sure that my fix posted above will work.

Hi Erik, thanks for posting your solutions! Any more experience that could help us fix the problem there is with 1.4.0.1? What would you recommend to be the best way of fixing the Paypal issue? Kind regards, Jonas

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2