Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
NginX Web Server with Magento

clockworkgeek

Total Posts:  79

rsskga - 16 July 2010 09:02 AM

clockworkgeek\’s nginx config instructions (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/7931/#t211050) were super, super helpful to me. My site seemed fine, however I started noticing in my Google Analytics reports that many visitors were bouncing from URL\’s like so:
http://store.com/product-url-path/index.php

This was because product pages with /index.php appended were resulting in a blank white screen with the error message \’No input file specified.\’ Nothing in the error log. I googled the heck out of this, and found suggested solutions ranging from ensuring that nginx and php config paths were correct, to launching php with the correct user/group permissions, etc. None of these suggestions helped me at all.

So… it may be a hack, and maybe I really do need to fix something with my server… but I deduced that I could fix the problem for now with rewrites. Here is the line I added to my nginx domain.conf.

location ~ /(.*)/index\.php## strip index.php from product urls

if (!-e $request_filename{ rewrite ^(.*)/index\.php$ $1permanent
}

Hope this helps someone else!

I’ve incorporated something similar into my new wiki. Thanks.

rsskga - 16 July 2010 09:02 AM

I am still getting these errors… If anyone can shed some light I\’d appreciate it. (I have SSL on.)
[warn]: conflicting server name \"domain.com\" on 0.0.0.0:80, ignored
[warn]: conflicting server name \"domain.com\" on 0.0.0.0:443, ignored

This means you have more than one config file for “domain.com”, remember that you must replace “DOMAIN” with the actual domain of your site in each config file, and each domain:port must be defined only once. It sounds like you have duplicate files in “/etc/nginx/conf.d/”

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rsskga

Total Posts:  30
San Francisco

Yep, that was me. The nginx community is very friendly and helpful, as well. Thanks for your contributions!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3