Magento Forum

One page checkout - remove payment method step

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

Hi all,

I have only one payment method which is a payment gateway provided by a bank. So my flow would be to take the customer through the one page checkout and finally once customer has reviewed, I redirect the browser to payment gateway site for payment.

So here, I need to remove the payment method step and am wondering how to do this. Anybody has customized to this effect?

Thanks in advance!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kenosis

Total Posts:  45

I am in need of something similar:  I need to remove all of the shipping related steps.  Here is a link to a post on adding a step to the single screen checkout.  It will give you a leg up on where to look:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6775/

As we figure things out let’s post them here.  First tip I can give is in onepage.php: the getSteps() function has a $stepCodes array - remove the step you want from that.  That where I am at this point in time: I’m currently studying opcheckout.js to see what has to be done to cause it to skip the steps I’ve removed - currently the page gets confused because the steps are missing by (I believe opcheckout.js does not know this.)

Once I hack the core code to get this working, there’s the the issue of trying to refactor so my changes don’t get in the way of Mage upgrades.

Ken

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jamaicamama

Total Posts:  19

Hello Ken,

Just wondering if you were able to figure out how to remove this step from the checkout??

jamaicamama

Magento Community
Magento Community

mwegmann

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
I need to remove the steps payment method and shipping method. Does someone have a solution?
thanx

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

I finally decided to retain the payment method step as I had multiple payment gateway. So once the user “places the order”, I redirect to the respective Payment Gateway.

As for shipping step, I am still looking at some solution, the challenge seems to be defaulting the shipping method when moving from shipping address step to payment method step.

Magento Community
Magento Community

leeaston

Total Posts:  77
France

Maybe: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/285/lazzymonks-auto-apply-default-shipping

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Hi leeaston,

Does this really remove the shipping method step from the one page checkout?? Or it defaults the shipping method setup under Autoquote subtab??  Tried this but somehow both didnt happen for me :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

It defaults the shipping method on the cart screen, not the checkout.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community