Magento Forum

Custom Options - Change the delimiter or allow new line item in orders

marcuso

Total Posts:  18

Custom options would be a great way to replicate functionality that we currently have (in an alternative cart) in offering bundled products.  When a customer buys a primary product from our store, we offer additional items at discounted prices when the customer adds the item to the cart.

The functionality can be almost completely replicated with custom options (with the exception that we cannot add weight, or define a default behavior), but unfortunately, this does not work because we cannot directly reference SKUs as line items.  Our current SKU policy allows dashes, and custom options uses dashes as a delimiter between the primary product and the options.

For instance:
I added a custom option with a SKU of ‘addonsku1’ to the item ‘VGN-TXN27N/B’.

When I purchase the item with the option enabled, the resulting SKU in the order is “VGN-TXN27N/B-addonsku1”.  As you can see, the dash is already being used in the SKU, so our order management system cannot identify that it is a second item in the order.  Ideally, I would like this to come in as a line item, but I think that it might also be possible to change the delimiter to something like a colon so that the resulting line item would be “VGN-TXN27N/B:addonsku1” in which case our order manager import scripts could identify it as a second item.

Does anyone have any input on how to deal with this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

grazzt

Total Posts:  106

I’m bumping this cause i need that too. Im searching for it, if I find it i’ll post the solution back here

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageWorxcom
Guru

Total Posts:  410
Washington DC Metro Area, US

Hello,

Finally, we added the support of weight for custom options in Advanced Product Options extension. Check it out http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/MageWorx.com/extension/2606/advanced-product-options

Magento Community
Magento Community

markop

Total Posts:  3

Did you ever find a solution to this? I need the same thing.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community