Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

module errors on magento 1.4.0.1

jason_rsc

Total Posts:  16

I started a new project with magento 1.4.0.1
I have the project running on my local machine (OS X running MAMP) and on a test server (ubuntu)

So I’ve installed two modules that were working fine on 1.3.x.x. One is the aheadworks blog and the other I built.

Now here is the problem. Both modules work fine on my local machine but neither are working on the test server.

In particular the main issue is on the backend . both modules should add a tab to the main admin panel tab bar but are missing.
plus under system/configuration I get ‘access denied’.
On the front end, I can access the blog with www.myProject/blog and similarly access my module in the same way

I’ve verified that all the files are in the correct directories and that the tables are in the database. I’ve gone through all the common
steps of log in / log out , clear cache, etc.

from phpinfo on the test server:

system: Linux ubuntu 2.6.22-15-server
server API: Apache 2.0 Handler
apache version : Apache/2.2.4 (Ubuntu)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NEURVANA Edge

Total Posts:  19

I think this is a common problem. I had something similar happen, I fixed the permission denied by logging out and logging back in…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community