Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add Shipment Tracking Number - Cust Can’t View Order in My Account

altwire

Total Posts:  6

When processing an order shipment in Admin and adding a Tracking number, the customer can no longer view the order on the front end in “My Account”. I can delete the tracking number and the order can then be viewed just fine.

This does not happen for the same order in Magento ver. 1.3.2.3 (which I maintain on another server).

I tested for several customer accounts (created new accounts since upgraded and tested in old accounts pre upgrade) and several orders. It happens the same. Tested with default theme and our customized theme. Tested with UPS, USPS, DHL, Custom tracking numbers.

The only thing displayed where the order info should be is:  “Items Ordered |”

Here is the last few lines of the html of the order in My Account - View Order
---------------------
<div id="main" class="col-main">
<!-- start global messages -->
<!-- end global messages -->
<!-- start content -->
<h4>Items Ordered <span class="separator">|</span> <a href="#" id="linkId" onclick="popWin(’
---------------------------

Can anyone else duplicate this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

maczeus

Total Posts:  24

i have the same problem
but in my case the orders don’t show even change the trakking number

everybody?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Manrico

Total Posts:  9

Same problem here!

Any news about that?

Magento Community
Magento Community

chuender

Total Posts:  54

Encountered the same problem.  We upgraded a fresh install from 1.3.2.4 to 1.4.0.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NEURVANA Edge

Total Posts:  19

Same problem here, but it is reversed, when a tracking number is put in in the admin area a customer can review i, but we can not see the order any longer in the admin area, this is on 1.4.0.1 also. This is a bug and Magento needs to look into this, anyone please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SushiTrain

Total Posts:  13

I’m using 1.3.2.4 and I am getting the same problem.
When a tracking number is added in the backend the order information stops being visible under “Order View”. The notification email sent out works though. Also, adding comments to the shipping view without adding tracking information seems to work fine.

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

webscot

Total Posts:  192

We are getting the same problem on 1.4.0.1, but did not have this problem in 1.3.2.2.

Here is a list of what we are experiencing:

1. We are noticing that the orders start as Processing status and remain in Processing status when they are invoiced. In 1.3.2.2 they started as Pending and then moved to Processing when invoiced.

2. In the Customer backend once customer is logged in, when viewing an Order it appears that the Invoices and Shipments links are working properly and appear properly based upon whether or not the order has been invoiced or shipped, respectively.

3. Once an order has been shipped, the customer can see both Invoices and Shipments links and the order status is correct ONLY if there is no tracking number associated with the shipment.

4. If a tracking number is added either at the time of Shipment or added in the tracking box after the order has been shipped, all the customer can see is ”Items Ordered |

5. If the order is shipped without recording a tracking number, there is no problem accessing and viewing the order in the Customer’s My Orders window.

This is very nerve wracking and needs to be fixed. I’m a bit surprised there isn’t a whole flock of people reporting this problem.

We need a fix. Please throw it out there if you got one!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

webscot

Total Posts:  192

SOLUTION THAT SEEMS TO BE WORKING FOR US.

I hope this solves the majority of the problem for those also having this problem. We were able to get the orders to fully appear along with hyperlinks to the pop-up windows to display tracking results.

The issue with the order status not changing has not been corrected with this. Hopefully, we will find the solution in similar fashion.

Here is the code we were using from 1.3.2.2 and also in 1.4.0.1 ( since we are still using default as our package with a custom theme ) in /app/design/frontend/default/default/template/sales/order/view.phtml

<h4><?php echo $this->__('Items Ordered'?>
<?php  
if ($_order->getTracksCollection()->count()) : ?>

<span class="separator">|</span> <a href="#" id="linkId" onclick="popWin('<?php echo $this->helper('shipping')->getTrackingPopUpUrlByOrderId($_order->getId()) ?>','trackorder','width=800,height=600,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes')" title="<?php echo $this->__('Track your order') ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Track your order'?></a>
<?php endif; ?>
</h4>

We actually opened the same file in the 1.4.0.1 base folder at /app/design/frontend/base/default/template/sales/order/view.phtml and used the code from there.

<?php  

<span class="separator">|</span> <a href="#" onclick="popWin('<?php echo $this->helper('shipping')->getTrackingPopupUrlBySalesModel($_order) ?>','trackorder','width=800,height=600,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes'); return false;" title="<?php echo $this->__('Track your order') ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Track your order'?></a>
<?php endif; ?>
</h4>

We also made the changes in /app/design/frontend/default/default/template/sales/order/shipment/items.phtml using the same code.

<a href="#" onclick="popWin('<?php echo $this->helper('shipping')->getTrackingPopupUrlBySalesModel($_order) ?>','trackorder','width=800,height=600,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes'); return false;" title="<?php echo $this->__('Track your order') ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Track your order'?></a>

For those that may be beginners at this, we then put these files in our custom theme folder at:

/app/design/frontend/default/CUSTOM-THEME-NAME/template/sales/order/view.phtml
/app/design/frontend/default/CUSTOM-THEME-NAME/template/sales/order/shipment/items.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loris Maz

Total Posts:  13

Thanks a lot webscot! It works for me!

Magento Community
Magento Community

zfast

Total Posts:  23
Buffalo New york

I am using 1.4.1.1 and this did not work for me

Magento Community
Magento Community

loraluks

Total Posts:  14

webscot - 04 May 2010 05:05 PM

SOLUTION THAT SEEMS TO BE WORKING FOR US.

I hope this solves the majority of the problem for those also having this problem. We were able to get the orders to fully appear along with hyperlinks to the pop-up windows to display tracking results.

The issue with the order status not changing has not been corrected with this. Hopefully, we will find the solution in similar fashion.

Here is the code we were using from 1.3.2.2 and also in 1.4.0.1 ( since we are still using default as our package with a custom theme ) in /app/design/frontend/default/default/template/sales/order/view.phtml

<?php  

<span class="separator">|</span> <a href="#" id="linkId" onclick="popWin('<?php echo $this->helper('shipping')->getTrackingPopUpUrlByOrderId($_order->getId()) ?>','trackorder','width=800,height=600,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes')" title="<?php echo $this->__('Track your order') ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Track your order'?></a>
<?php endif; ?>
</h4>

We actually opened the same file in the 1.4.0.1 base folder at /app/design/frontend/base/default/template/sales/order/view.phtml and used the code from there.

<?php  

<span class="separator">|</span> <a href="#" onclick="popWin('<?php echo $this->helper('shipping')->getTrackingPopupUrlBySalesModel($_order) ?>','trackorder','width=800,height=600,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes'); return false;" title="<?php echo $this->__('Track your order') ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Track your order'?></a>
<?php endif; ?>
</h4>

We also made the changes in /app/design/frontend/default/default/template/sales/order/shipment/items.phtml using the same code.
<a href="#" onclick="popWin('<?php echo $this->helper('shipping')->getTrackingPopupUrlBySalesModel($_order) ?>','trackorder','width=800,height=600,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes'); return false;" title="<?php echo $this->__('Track your order') ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Track your order'?></a>

For those that may be beginners at this, we then put these files in our custom theme folder at:

/app/design/frontend/default/CUSTOM-THEME-NAME/template/sales/order/view.phtml
/app/design/frontend/default/CUSTOM-THEME-NAME/template/sales/order/shipment/items.phtml

Thanks for this code. But it doesn’t quite help. Perhaps it’s because i’m using 1.4.2.0??
Any help in this regards would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

post removed as answer no longer relevant

# elfling

Magento Community
Magento Community

sexiaoxiang

Total Posts:  15

It maybe is issue with template,when change base default template, it works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community