Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Paypal direct doesnt accept state, gives invalid data error

Princeanil

Total Posts:  28

I’m setting up a new Magento installation, i’ve configured it to use Paypal Direct.

Afer I enter the credit card details and click on Place Order, I get a pop-up error that says “Invalid data. There’s an error with this transaction.  Please enter a valid state in the billing address”

This is despite a valid state being types in the billing address.

Has anyone else faced this problem ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Per Ekman

Total Posts:  8

I have the same problem. I cant figure it out.

Please contact me if you find the answer.

//Per

Magento Community
Magento Community

nicklace

Total Posts:  1
Liège

Same problem too. Can anyone help please????

Magento Community
Magento Community

Princeanil

Total Posts:  28

I wrote to paypal to check this. Their response is that it only works in countries where Paypal Payment Pro is supported, so if the state you are selecting is not supported by paypal, you’ll get the error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

00christian00

Total Posts:  87

I have noticed the opposite.
Paypal give an error if you leave the state/province field empty.How do I make it a required field?
Btw,I have this problem with paypal website payment pro,using paypal express and paying normally without the express checkout.

I just noticed this affect only paypal italy,because in italy province is a required field.
How can i change the state/province field to be always required for all countries?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community