Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
PayPal Express Checkout on 1.4.0.1

eddieb

Total Posts:  87
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The best solution is easier than most other suggestions I’ve found: simply enable Paypal Website Payments Standard (and disable other paypal methods)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

andy_sim

Total Posts:  25

Hi all,

just had this back from Paypal, can anyone tell me how to change the info. In ver 1.3.x there was an option to put the url in buyt i cant find it in 1.4.0.1

Dear Andy,

Thank you for contacting Merchant Services.

Your account is a Website Payments Pro (Payflow edition).
Technically, you will be able to use both modules, because your account configuration allows you to request API credentials for Payflow (User, Vendor, Password, Partner) or API credentials for PayPal (Username, Password and Signature).

Looking in the previous ticket, I saw that you were using this URL for the redirection to PayPal in the Express Checkout operation:

https://www.paypal.com/gb/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&useraction;=continue&token;=

I’m not sure if it’s just a problem when pasting the URL here, but please note that there are two wrong symbols (;) after useraction and token, the correct URL should be:

https://www.paypal.com/gb/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&useraction;=continue&token;=

Also, either with Payflow or Pro, in both cases the URL for redirection should be the same.

Another thing that I’d like to explain you is the general flow of Express Checkout:

1) Call to SetExpressCheckout.
2) PayPal response to the SetEC call, including the token which will be used for this Express Checkout operation.
3) Redirection to PayPal URL, including the token -> https://www.paypal.com/gb/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&useraction;=continue&token;=
4) When the buyer is finished in PayPal’s page he is redirected to the return URL specified in the SetEC call.
5) The return URL should make an API call to GetExpressCheckoutDetails to get the details of the buyer and display them in the review order page.
6) When the buyer clicks on the Confirm order button (or a similar button) the integration should make a final call to DoExpressCheckoutPayment.
7) Once the final API call has been performed and PayPal answered with a SUCCESS, the transaction has been completed successfully.

I just wanted to let you know of this, so that you can identify if the behavior of your website when using Express Checkout it’s consistent with this process flow or not.

It seems like its hard coded in, and they mad a mistake. As i am not a programmer, i would appreciate some advice.

Best regards

Andy

Magento Community
Magento Community

kinetic

Total Posts:  15

If you are encountering the following error message when trying to use Paypal Express:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuote() on a non-object in app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Controller/Express/Abstract.php on line 142

Then the solution can be found in this thread:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/83260/

This has worked for me and my Paypal Express is now working (on v1.4.0.1)

Magento Community
Magento Community

AllTech Software

Total Posts:  62

I got Paypal Express working ‘out of the box’ in 1.4 even though I was not signed up Pro. Or at least that was what I though! On closer inspection I found that customers were only able to checkout as a guest, even though the option in Paypal Express for a guest account was disabled. Obviously this was useless for downloadable products.

This is a real shame as I much prefer express over standard. Anyone else get this error then?

If I find a solution I’ll post it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magento_Ireland

Total Posts:  29

We’re also experiencing problems with PayPal Express and downloadable products with guest checkout disabled. The user fills in all their data to create an account, pays using PayPal Express but the account in Magento never actually gets created so it shows as a guest checkout in the Magento admin. And of course the user does not have an active account so therefore cannot download their product. To our knowledge the only available solution at the minute is to disable PayPal Express.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bazz78

Total Posts:  156
Italy

i have the same problem

with paypal express on 1.4.0.1 a new user can\’t create an account at checkout on magento and can\’t accept \"terms and conditions\” because after payment is redirect on a \"Review Order\” page.... in this way complete the procedure as a guest !!!

there is a way to return the express paypal payment as it was in version 1.3.2?

Magento Community
Magento Community

djstamos

Total Posts:  10

Does anyone know why an order will go through using paypal express and e-mail confirms are sent.  However, there is an error message: This payment cannot be processed using your paypal account at this time?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mihai_C

Total Posts:  28

Does anyone know why an order will go through using paypal express and e-mail confirms are sent.  However, there is an error message: This payment cannot be processed using your paypal account at this time?

I have the same problem with magento 1.4.0.1
The payment works well with a guest on paypal but when i click on place order on the review page it rediects me to a paypal page and give me this message: This payment cannot be processed using your PayPal account at this time. but the order appears in the admin panel and into the client’s account, the payment is made...just this message.

Magento Community
Magento Community

angelflo

Total Posts:  4

Exactly the same problem : This payment cannot be processed using your PayPal account at this time
with paypal express ...
if someone can help us with this problem ... thanks a lot

Magento Community
Magento Community

mjtilborgh

Total Posts:  3

I do have paypal pro account but it still takes me to a 404 page. Any ideas why it would not work in combo to the pro account?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nostalgicsound

Total Posts:  1

The Iceberg Commerce solution worked for me.

I was having the This payment cannot be processed using your PayPal account at this time error, using Magento 1.4.1.1. with PayPalExpress.

Just following Iceberg Commerce indications I fixed the issue

Magento Community
Magento Community

peterWAKA

Total Posts:  11

I can’t get Iceberg’s solution to work.

Does anyone know any alternatives.  I need Credit Card payments via PayPal some how!

Magento Community
Magento Community

webcitz

Total Posts:  128
Appleton, WI

Has anyone found a solution for allowing the Magento order to retain the correct billing information and actually create the account when PayPal Express is chosen?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jnorton01

Total Posts:  49

I have posted this bug to the bug tracker but no response from varien yet :( it seems that Magento doesn’t work with PayPal anymore. Could you all please post your issues to the bug tracker here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=10023

Magento Community
Magento Community

mtstover

Total Posts:  26

Yes - exact same issue on paypal express—it creates all people as guest vs accounts!  Help!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4