Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Different kind of Pagination Problem

modir

Total Posts:  18
Zurich, Switzerland

After upgrading to 1.4 I have got the pagination problem like almost everyone else. I did then everything as described here:
http://www.noamdesign.com/Web-Design-Blog/upgrading-to-magento-1-4/

It got me almost to the end but there is now still one problem left. When I open the store overview I get the following message:

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach()  in /var/www/html/app/design/frontend/default/THEME/template/catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml on line 51

I think it has something to do with the pagination too. But I can’t figure out what it is.

Here is the backtrace:

#0 /var/www/html/app/design/frontend/default/THEME/template/catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml(51): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/var/www/html/a...', 51, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(189): include('/var/www/html/a...')
#2 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(225): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#3 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(242): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#4 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#5 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(516): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#6 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(467): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('toolbar', true)
#7 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/List.php(179): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('toolbar')
#8 /var/www/html/app/design/frontend/default/THEME/template/catalog/product/list.phtml(41): Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_List->getToolbarHtml()
#9 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(189): include('/var/www/html/a...')
#10 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(225): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#11 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(242): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#12 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#13 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(516): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#14 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(467): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('product_list', true)
#15 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Category/View.php(85): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('product_list')
#16 /var/www/html/app/design/frontend/default/THEME/template/catalog/category/view.phtml(92): Mage_Catalog_Block_Category_View->getProductListHtml()
#17 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(189): include('/var/www/html/a...')
#18 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(225): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#19 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(242): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#20 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#21 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#22 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#23 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(516): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#24 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(467): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('content', true)

If someone could get me into the right direction then this would already be a real benefit.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pixelaté

Total Posts:  36

Hi, the answer is highlighted on the page you linked to. However, follow item 3 on this page: http://www.sonassi.com/knowledge-base/magento-1-4-install-errors/

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

modir

Total Posts:  18
Zurich, Switzerland

Thanks! I could already solve the problem myself. Durring the upgrade not all files had been overwritten. After I copied the right files from the base-directory everything worked fine again. So it was somehow still the same error as in the website I linked to. just other consequences.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hello. Magento is really not ideal from the point of view of SEO.  Very many obvious functions are implemented not quite right. As a variant, you can try the ready extensions. For example, I use this one http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/advanced-seo-suite.html and very satisfied with results.  There are a lot of similar extensions.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community