Magento Forum

Upgrade 1.3.2.4 to 1.4.0.1 failed: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘eav_attribute_label’ already exists

Johannes Lietz

Total Posts:  12
Wuppertal, Germany

Hi,

I tried to upgrade my Magento installation today (http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/upgrading_magento “Upgrading Magento with a full package").

When I access the installation and the database updates are done, I receive the message “There has been an error processing your request”, where the actual message is:

a:5:{i:0;s:226:"Error in file: "/Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/sql/eav_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.13-0.7.14.php" - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'eav_attribute_label' already exists";i:1;s:1070:"#0 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(374): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(273): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.7.13', '0.7.15')
#2 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(217): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.7.13', '0.7.15')
#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(153): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(363): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(295): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/index.php(78): Mage::run('', 'store')
#8 {main}"
;s:3:"url";s:10:"/magento/";s:11:"script_name";s:19:"/magento/index.php";s:4:"skin";s:7:"default";}

I had a look at it, and the table ‘eav_attribute_label’ of course exists in 1.3.2.4, nevertheless there is a new update script file app/code/core/Mage/Eav/sql/eav_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.13-0.7.14.php which tries to create it.

I also tried to comment the create-table-code, but then many more similar errors will follow, where new mysql4-upgrade-scripts try to create already existing tables and the like.

Can somebody explain why there are new mysql4-update-scripts in 1.4.0.1 which try to create already existing tables? And most important: How can I upgrade successfully?

Thanks and best regards,
Johannes

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Johannes Lietz

Wuppertal, Germany

Valid answer… wink

Though I’m still wondering, why nobody else has this problem.

And I’m wondering how I can ever upgrade to 1.4. There are quite a lot of changes in the database structure from 1.3.x to 1.4, and if the automatic upgrade doesn’t work for me, it’ll be a nightmare to figure out how to do it manually…

Magento Community
Magento Community

diybrewing

Total Posts:  26

I had this same problem. The issue is that your first install failed and now you need to do each install again. You will have delete each table with each error. A good hint is all tables with eav in their name need to be dropped.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Johannes Lietz

Wuppertal, Germany

diybrewing - 25 February 2010 06:47 PM

I had this same problem. The issue is that your first install failed and now you need to do each install again. You will have delete each table with each error. A good hint is all tables with eav in their name need to be dropped.

Right, I did a clean install of Magento 1.3.2.4 now, and there is no table ‘eav_attribute_label’! I will try that way now.

Now I’m wondering how that table could get into my production database, where I copied my test database from. I didn’t do any attempts to upgrade to 1.4 there. Strange…

Magento Community
Magento Community

abednegoo

Total Posts:  20

Upgrading a production server with modules, attributes and all other things you can think of is a complete nightmare! I’ve basically given up on the upgrade, which pretty much sucks…

Anyone got a best practice to upgrade a production environment with various free and commercial modules? Dropping data in tables is obviously out of the question…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community