Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shouldn’t order emails be sent as plaintext by default? 

Wiseguy Digital

Total Posts:  61
Bristol, UK

Hi there,

I don’t think I’m missing something in the admin or code, but I thought with any online store that the default method of sending any emails to do with orders should be sent as plaintext?!? This is to seriously cut out any issues to do with emails getting lost in spam filters.

Do I have to manually set this in the locale? This should most definitely be a default - I have tested this out by setting up test orders to different email addresses and receive 70% of the order emails. The server is white-listed and I am running on a unique IP, so really this should be 100%.

That’s why the big online stores and payment processors still send you plaintext emails about your order…

Am I missing something?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community